|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|Debut||Film: Man Ka Meet (1969)
TV Reality Show: K For Kishore (2007)
|Date of Birth||29 August 1950|
|Age (as in 2019)||69 Years|
|School||Bassel Mission High School, Karnataka|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||12th Pass|
|Controversy||On 16 February 2015, Leena was attending the Hum Log Awards in Mumbai. She was called upon the stage where senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani was present already. As she came on to the stage, in an attempt to greet Leena, Jethmalani accidentally kissed her. Both of them laughed it off and later said that they admire each other and there was nothing wrong in that kiss and was not forced. Although Jethmalani was trolled on Twitter regarding the incident.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 8 December 1975
Second Marriage: Year 1980
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband: Siddharth Bandodkar (m. 8 December 1975; died 7 November 1976)
Second Husband: Kishore Kumar (m. 1980; died 13 October 1987)
|Children||Son- Sumeet Kumar
|Parents||Father- Srinath Chandavarkar (Army Officer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Anil Chandavarkar
|Favourite Food||Chicken Tikka|
|Favourite Actor||Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Bidai (1974)
Hollywood- River of No Return (1954)
|Favourite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leena Chandavarkar
- Leena Chandavarkar is a former Indian actress. She was the fourth wife of the famous Indian singer Kishore Kumar.
- She came in the limelight in 1965 when she finished as a runner-up in the Fresh Face competition organized by Filmfare across India. She was 15 at the time. The winners of the competition were Rajesh Khanna and Farida Jalal.
- Her first film, Man Ka Meet, was with Sunil Dutt. He cast her opposite his brother Som Dutt. Interestingly, it was also Vinod Khanna’s first film.
- As Leena was from Karnataka, her Hindi was not too good. During her first film, Nargis used to teach her Hindi. Nargis was a mentor for Leena, she taught her Hindi, non-classical dancing, and driving.
- She was very conservative and traditional and refused to do bikini shots.
- Her famous song “Dhal Gaya Din Ho Gayi Shaam” from the movie Humjoli in 1970 was an instant hit and it helped her get established as a household name. She was in the lead opposite Jeetendra in the movie.
- She has acted as a lead actress in films with Sanjeev Kumar, Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna, and Dilip Kumar.
- She met Kishore Kumar for the first time on the sets of the 1973 movie Manchali.
- Her first husband, Siddharth Bandodkar, was the son of Goa Chief Minister Dayanand (the first Chief Minister of Goa). They had an arranged marriage.
- A few days after her engagement Siddharth and she were in Lonavala and they ran into Kishore Kumar and Yogita Bali. Siddharth had jokingly asked Leena whether she would marry Kishore Kumar if he proposed her and she said never.
- After her first husband passed away on 7 November 1976 due to gunfire injury. He shot himself while cleaning his revolver before leaving for their honeymoon, just 3 days after their marriage reception on 15 December 1975. She became a widow at the age of 25.
- She married Kishore Kumar in the year 1980.
- Kishore Kumar died on 13 October 1987. Leena and Kishore Kumar had a son together, Sumeet Kumar.
- She often writes lyrics for his son, Sumeet Kumar’s music albums.
- Leena never remarried after Kishore Kumar’s death.
- She now stays with his son, Sumit, her stepson, Amit Kumar, his wife, children, and his mother Ruma Guha Thakurta (Kishore Kumar’s first wife).
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)