|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165.347 lbs
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party (SP)
|Political Journey||• 1989-1992: Chairman, Zila Parishad, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
• 1992-2004: Member, Rajya Sabha (two terms)
• 2004: Elected to the 14th Lok Sabha
• 5 August 2007: Appointed Chairman, Committee on Agriculture
• 2017: Elected as Secretary-General of the Samajwadi Party
• 30 November 2020: Elected to the Rajya Sabha (sixth term)
|Date of Birth||29 Jun 1946 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||76 Years|
|Birthplace||Saifai, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Saifai, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||• Kanpur University, Kanpur
• Agra University, Agra
|Educational Qualification(s) MyNeta||• M.Sc.(Physics) from Agra University, Agra (1969)
• PhD from Kanpur University, Kanpur (1993)
|Caste||Other Backward Class (OBC)|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||04 May 1962 (Friday)|
|Wife/Spouse||Phoolan Devi (m. 1962; died 2010)|
• Akshay Yadav
• Asit aka Billu (died in 1999)
Daughter- 1 (Name not known)
|Parents||Father- Bachchi Lal
|Siblings||He has a sister named Geeta Yadav.|
|Other Relatives||• Mulayam Singh Yadav (cousin, politician)
• Shivpal Singh Yadav (cousin, politician)
• Akhilesh Yadav (nephew, politician)
• Dharmendra Yadav (nephew, politician)
• Tej Pratap Singh Yadav (grand-nephew, politician)
• Dimple Yadav (daughter-in-law, politician)
• Aparna Yadav (daughter-in-law, politician)
• Prateek Yadav (nephew, politician)
|Car Collection||• Maruti Suzuki SX4
• Toyata Innova
• Cash: Rs. 1,30,910
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 72,87,803
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs.35,00,000
• Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 21,40,584
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 17,50,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 30,70,313
• Other Assets (Revolver Gun): Rs. 4,13,000
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 6,73,81,375
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 40,50,000
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 99,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 3,96,99,000 (as of 2019)
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2021. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor). MyNeta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 13,30 Crore (as of 2019) MyNeta
Note: It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors).
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram Gopal Yadav
- Ram Gopal Yadav is an Indian politician and a member of the Samajwadi Party. He is the cousin of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- According to Ram Gopal Yadav, he never desired to venture into active politics, and it was Mulayam Singh Yadav who brought him into active politics when Ram Gopal Yadav filed his nomination for Basrehar Block Pramukh in Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, and won the election by a great margin.
- Before venturing into active politics, Ram Gopal Yadav worked as a teacher at K. K. Collage in Etawah, where, in 1969, he was appointed as a lecturer of Physics. In 1994, he became the principal of Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College, Heonra in Saifai, Etawah, where he worked till 2006.
- In 1999, his son, Asit Yadav (Billu Yadav), died in a road accident 40 days after Billu’s marriage.
- In October 2016, Mulayam Singh Yadav expelled Ram Gopal Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav from the Samajwadi Party for six years after Shivpal Yadav accused Ram Gopal Yadav of being involved in anti-party activities The Times of India
- On 29 June 2016, on his birthday, his book “Sansad Mein Meri Baat” was launched by Mulayam Singh Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University.
- On 30 November 2020, Ram Gopal Yadav became a Rajya Sabha member for the sixth term.
@yadavakhilesh आज गुरूपर्व एवम् कार्तिक पूर्णिमा के शुभ अवसर पर राज्यसभा की सदस्यता की पाँचवीं वार शपथ ली।पार्टी नेतृत्व की उदारता के लिए हृदय से आभार। पार्टी कार्यकर्ताओं और शुभ चिंतकों का भी आभारी हूँ। pic.twitter.com/roDIH54I0K
— prof ram gopal yadav (@proframgopalya1) November 30, 2020
- On 23 November 2021, a book titled “Rajneeti Ke Us Paar” based on ram Gopal Yadav’s political journey was launched in Lucknow in the presence of Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh Yadav, senior Congress leader Pramod Tiwari, Aam Aadmi Party leader Sanjay Singh, and Kumar Vishwas.
- On 10 October 2022, Ram Gopal Yadav and Shivpal Singh Yadav paid their tributes to Mulayam Singh Yadav.