Farhan Saeed Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Farhan Saeed Butt Instagram- Farhan Saeed|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Music Video Director, and Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Music Album (A a band member): ‘Aadat’ (2004) by Jal band
Single (As a singer): "Kyun Gai" Dil Tenu Karda Ae Pyar (2014)
Song (As a music director): “O Jaana” (2018) by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan & Hamza Mallik
TV Drama (As an actor): ‘De Ijazat Jo Tu’ (2014) as Sarmad; aired on Hum TV
Film (As an actor): ‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ (2018) in a cameo role
|Awards||• 2015: 14th Lux Style Awards for Best Song of the Year– “Roiyaan”
• 2015: 3rd Hum Awards for Best Music Single– “Roiyaan”
• 2017: 5th Hum Awards for Best Onscreen Couple– Udaari (with Urwa Hocane)
• 2019: 7th Hum Awards for Best Actor– Suno Chanda
• 2019: 7th Hum Awards for the Best on-screen couple along with Iqra Aziz– Suno Chanda
• 2021: 1st ARY People’s Choice Awards for the Best on-screen couple along with Sohai Ali Abro– Prem Gali
|Date of Birth||14 September 1984 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Model Town, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|School||Crescent High School, Crescent, Oklahoma, US|
|College/University||• The Keynesian Institute of Management and Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan
• National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science (Computer) from National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore The News on Sunday|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian YouTube- ShowSha|
|Controversy||Accused Salim Merchant of Copying his Song
In 2019, Farhan made a tweet in which accused the Indian film director Salim Merchant of copying the notes of his song “Roiyaan” in the Hindi song “Haareya.” India Today Farhan tweeted,
"Someone just sent me @salim_merchant song HAREYA, which is a total copy of my song ROIYAAN. I wonder they have the audacity to call themselves artists when they steal someone’s work. Karna hi hai to pooch ke kuro aur ager poochna nahin hai to at least acha to kuro! #stopstealing."
His tweet went viral and grabbed the attention of Salim Merchant. Salim then retweeted,
"Farhan I just heard your song. It’s a mere coincidence that the chorus of Haareya is like your song. To be honest I’ve never heard it before. It happens many a times when notes have a natural progression from each other. @Sulaiman & I have a track record of never plagiarising.”
Farhan was not convinced with Salim’s answer and retweeted,
"@salim_merchant if you say so! Another co-incidence is we have the same lyricist! Anyway good luck!”
Later, Salim tweeted,
"Why don’t you check with him! If i had to copy, I would have done that way long back in my career. I really wish I had heard your song before I made mine. Would have surely made changes to our composition to make it sound different from yours. Anyway, Hope you understand.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Place||Badshaahi Mosque in Lahore, Pakistan|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Urwa Hocane (model and actress)|
|Marriage Date||16 December 2016
|Parents||Father- Rahat Saeed Butt (doctor)
Mother- Ghazala Rahat
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Dr Haroon Saeed and Dr Salman Saeed (both are doctors)
|Other Relative||Sister-in-law- Mawra Hocane (actor)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan and Fawad Khan|
|Singer||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Food||Nihari, Odiyal Kool, Chicken Butt Karahi|
|Song||Tera Ghata by Gajendra Verma (2018)|
|Attire||White Shirt and Blue Jeans|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Farhan Saeed
- Farhan Saeed is a Pakistani singer, songwriter, music video director, actor, and entrepreneur.
- While he was studying in school, he used to listen to the music of the Pakistani music bands Vital Signs and Junoon. Since then, he started developing an interest in music.
- In December 2003, after the Pakistani singer Atif Aslam left the Pakistani music band ‘Jal,’ the co-founder of the band Goher Mumtaz added two new members to the band including Farhan as a vocalist and Aamir Tufail as a bass guitarist.
- In 2004, the band released its first music album ‘Aadat’ including songs such as “Dil Haray Pukaray,” “Ik Din Ayega,” “Teri Yaad,” and “Bikhra Hoon Mein.”
- The band released its second music album ‘Lamhay’ in October 2004. ‘Jal’ released another Pakistani music album ‘Boondh’ (2007) with the songs like “Sajni,” “Raatein,” “Moré Piya,” “Main Mast Hoon,” and “Mahia.”
- Farhan announced his separation from the band on 8 September 2011, to make his career as a solo singer. During an interview, while talking about ‘Jal,’ he said,
Jal was one of the best time periods of my life. It seems like some other life now. I spent ten years with the band. Some of the best times of my life were with Jal. The band life is, in itself, a great thing to experience. And yes, we had a lot of fun and Alhamdulillah, by the grace of God, we saw the best times as a band. We toured the world, we saw hardships together and we experienced [success] together. I was a teen when I joined Jal, and I left when I was 28, so a decade of my life, my prime youth, was with Jal, and I loved every bit of it! I miss it sometimes, but it’s beautiful and I want it to be like that in my memories forever.”
- He has lent his voice to many Hindi film songs like “Naam-e-Wafa” from ‘Creature 3D’ (2014), “Bhool Na Jaana” from ‘Main Aur Mr. Riight,’ and “Thodi Der” from ‘Half Girlfriend’ (2017).
- Some of his popular Pakistani songs are “Khuwahishon” (2011), “Roiyaan” (2014), “Haari Haari” (2018), and “Piyaar Sufiyana” (2021).
- He has been invited to perform live at various stage shows and events.
- Farhan has worked as an actor in various Pakistani TV dramas such as ‘Udaari’ (2016), ‘Suno Chanda’ (2018), ‘Prem Gali’ (2020), ‘Mere Humsafar’ (2021), and ‘Badshah Begum’ (2022).
- He has featured in many TV commercials such as Itel Mobile, Canolive Oil, and Al Jalil Garden.
- In 2020, there were rumours that he got separated from his wife Urwa Hocane, however, the duo reunited. Daily Jang During an interview, while talking about his wife, he said,
The thing I love most about her is her straightforwardness and honesty. In a world full of people with so many faces, she’s really herself. Sometimes she gets in-your-face and people may not like that about her, but I love it. To be honest my life has changed entirely. I’m more focused, organized and disciplined. Great things have happened to me since we got married. To be together as a couple and to have to work it out, you are first and foremost friends. You are honest with each other, look out for each other and protect each other. That’s what friends do.”
He further shared the memory when he proposed Urwa under the Eifel Tower in Paris.
- Farhaan has been featured on the cover page of various magazines like People and Gloss.
- Farhan Saeed supported the Pakistani political leader Imran Khan while Imran was contesting Pakistan’s 22nd Prime Minister’s election in 2018.
- In 2019, he started a restaurant ‘Cafe Rock’ to provide a platform for budding singers to perform.
|↑1||Instagram- Farhan Saeed|
|↑2||The News on Sunday|