|Nickname(s)||Gauti, Gattu The Indian Express|
|Profession(s)||TV Actor, Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The Times of India Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|The Times of India Weight||in kilograms- 68 kg
in pounds- 150 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Debut||Film: Annarth (2002) as Inspector Sameer Deshmukh
TV: Apna Apna Style (2000) as Rocky; aired on Zee TV
|Awards||Star Parivaar Awards
• 2013: Favourite Jodi for the TV serial Saraswatichandra
• 2013: International Favourite Jodi for the TV serial Saraswatichandra
• 2013: Favorite Beta for the TV serial Saraswatichandra
Zee Gold Awards
• 2013: Boroplus Gold Award Most Fit Actor
• 2014: Boroplus Gold Award Best Actor – Popular for the TV serial Saraswatichandra
• 2016: Boroplus Gold Award Most Fit Actor
Lions Gold Awards
• 2015: Best Actor for the TV serial Saraswatichandra
Asian Viewers Television Awards
• 2015: Best Actor for the TV serial Maha Kumbh
Indian Telly Awards
• 2014: Indian Telly Award for Best Actor for the TV serial Saraswatichandra
• 2014: Dadasaheb Phalke Award
|Date of Birth||14 August 1977 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||46 Years|
|School||Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi|
|College/University||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||BCom The Times of India|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi The Times of India|
|Food Habit||At the age of 5, he became a pure vegetarian. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Jennifer Winget (actor)
• Pankhuri Awasthy (actor)
|Marriage Date||5 February 2018
|Marriage Place||Tijara Fort Palace in Alwar, Rajasthan|
|Children||On 25 July 2023, Gautam Rode and Pankhuri Awasthy welcomed twins, a boy and a girl. NDTV|
|Parents||Father- Surendra Rode (retired broker)
Mother- Sangeeta Rode (jewellery designer)
Sister- Rashmi Rode
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Anil Kapoor, Vinod Khanna|
|Actress(es)||Nutan, Madhuri Dixit|
|Song||‘Abhi Na Jao Chhod Ke’ from Hum Dono (1961) by Asha Bhosle & Mohammed Rafi|
|Cuisine(s)||Mughlai, North Indian|
|Food||Rajma-Chawal, Paneer Dishes|
|Beverage||Double Shot Cappuccino|
|Fashion Brand(s)||Gucci, Burberry, Armani|
|Travelling Destination||Kovalam Beach in Trivandrum|
|Actor’s Body||Brad Pitt’s body in Fight Club (1999)|
|Car Collection||• Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV
• Mercedes Car
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gautam Rode
- Gautam Rode is an Indian actor and host who became famous for his role as Saraswatichandra ‘Saras’ Vyas in the TV show ‘Saraswatichandra’ on Star Plus in 2013.
- He dreamt of working in his father’s stock broking business when he was a kid.
- His father retired before Gautam finished college. Gautam then decided to work as an actor in Hindi TV serials. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
I had thought of joining my dad in his stock broking business in Delhi. But then life brought a twist when I moved to Mumbai. I took up some modelling assignments to pay my rent, followed by certain TVCs. And while doing ads, someone from casting approached and asked if I would take up acting and I said ‘why not?’ and that’s how I entered small screen. And today it’s like — acting is what I know and want to do.”
- When Gautam was young, he had a keen interest in sports and athletics, and his academic performance was average. In school, he used to participate in 100-meter sprints and 4×100-meter relay races during sports competitions.
- He is a fitness freak and regularly goes to the gym. He started going to the gym when he was in class 10.
- He has even transformed a part of his personal makeup room into a makeshift gym with top-notch workout equipment.
- His college was located far away from his home in Patel Nagar, so he decided to attend classes at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce in New Delhi.
- During his college days, he took part in a fashion contest at BITS Pilani and won the award for the best model. He was also the president of the fashion society at his college.
- Gautam started his career as a model in TV commercials. His first commercial was for the brand Close Up. After that, he appeared in several other commercials, including ones for Malabar Gold & Diamonds, Titan, Coke, and Bryan & Candy.
- He has worked as a model for various print advertisements and photoshoots.
- He has also walked the runway in different fashion shows.
- In 2002, he appeared in music videos for the Hindi music album ‘Tere Bina’ by Abhijeet Bhattacharya.
- Some of his other music videos include “Kabhi Yaadon Mein Aao” (2003 by Abhijeet Bhattacharya), “O Meri Jaan” (2015 by Suhail Zargar), “Sun Le Zara” (2021 by Saaj Bhatt, Sonal Pradhan), and “Mujhse Pehle” (2023 by Saaj Bhatt).
- He has acted in several popular Hindi TV serials like ‘Baa Bahoo Aur Baby’ (2005; Star Plus), ‘Saraswatichandra’ (2013; Star Plus), ‘Maha Kumbh: Ek Rahasaya, Ek Kahani’ (2014; Life OK), ‘Suryaputra Karn’ (2015; Sony), and ‘Bhakarwadi’ (2019; Sony SAB).
- He has also appeared in Hindi films such as ‘U, Bomsi & Me’ (2005), ‘Agyaat’ (2009), ‘Aksar 2’ (2017), and ‘State of Siege: Temple Attack’ (2021).
- He is well-known for hosting various Hindi TV shows such as ‘India’s Got Talent 3’ (2011; Colors), ‘Nach Baliye 5’ (2012; Star Plus), and ‘Nach Baliye 6’ (2013; Star Plus).
- In 2015, he was listed in Times’ 50 Most Desirable Men.
- In 2015, he met the Indian actor Pankhuri Awasthy, and they soon became friends. Eventually, they fell in love with each other. In 2017, on Diwali, Gautam shared on his social media that he got engaged to Pankhuri, who is around 14 years younger than him.
- In 2018, Gautam Rode, along with two others, reportedly fell victim to a scam involving a real estate project in the Goregaon West area. The project was supposed to be a 55-storey building, with Rode’s flat designated on the 14th floor. However, the development work stopped in 2016, and no progress has been made since then. Rode filed a complaint with the Mumbai police and lodged a First Information Report (FIR) against Atithi Patel, the property developer involved in the project at that time. According to Rode’s complaint, he was promised that the building would be completed by December 2018. To secure the flat, Rode made an initial payment of Rs 1.5 lakh and subsequently paid monthly instalments of Rs 5 lakh between May 2016 and May 2017, totalling Rs 2.11 crore. However, when Rode requested the allotment letters and registration of the flat, Patel failed to provide them. It was then that Rode discovered that no progress had been made beyond the 14th floor. He asked for a refund, but Patel refused to return the money. Patel’s representative mentioned that builders typically do not refund money after cancellation, but they advised Rode to wait. The representative did not provide any information about the construction site in Goregaon. Additionally, the representative claimed in an email that Rode was causing delays in registering the flat. The Times of India
- He acted in the Hindi web series ‘Nakaab’ (MX Player) and ‘Jurm aur Jazbaat’ (Shemaroo TV) in 2021.
- In May 2023, Gautam and Pankhuri announced on their social media accounts that Pankhuri was pregnant and expecting twins.
- Gautam Rode has a passion for collecting stamps and coins. The Times of India He is also a watch enthusiast with a collection of over 50 watches. The Indian Express
- Gautam has been associated with an NGO named “Helping Hands” for a long time. This organization focuses on assisting underprivileged street children in India and promoting collective efforts to improve their lives. He has also supported DD National’s program called “Stree Shakti,” which aims to empower women.
- He has been featured on the covers of magazines like Delhities, Enlighten India, and Salt n Peppa.
- During his free time, he enjoys travelling to different places.
- He is a spiritual person and often organizes various poojas (religious ceremonies) at his home.
- Gautam Rode is skilled in playing the flute.
- Gautam is a teetotaler. However, he tasted alcohol for the first time in a film scene. The Times of India