Some Lesser Known Facts About Hassan Rouhani
- Does Hassan Rouhani smoke?: No
- Does Hassan Rouhani drink?: No
- Rouhani is a cleric. Hojatoleslam is his religious title which is a middle rank in the religious hierarchy.
- During the Iranian Islamist movement, he started traveling throughout Iran making speeches against the government of the Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi. During those years he was arrested many times and was banned from delivering public speeches.
- In 1977, under the threat of arrest, Rouhani left Iran and joins Ayatollah Khomeini in exile in France.
- In the Iranian Revolution in 1979, he tried his best to stabilize the nascent Islamic Republic and as a first step, he started with organizing the disorderly Iranian army and military bases.
- During the Iran-Iraq war, from 1985 to 1991, Rouhani was the Commander of the Iranian air defenses and from 1988 to 1989, he has served as a Deputy Commander of Iran’s Armed Forces.
- After the Iran-Iraq war, Rouhani was offered the job of Ministry of Intelligence in 1989. However, he turned it down soon.
- Over the period of two years, from 2003 to 2005, Rouhani was Iran’s top Nuclear negotiator.
- On 27 September 2013, Rouhani held the conversation with former US President Barack Obama by telephone, the first direct conversation between leaders of Iran and the United States since 1979.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡