Jignesh Mevani Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 42 Years
|Full Name||Jigneshkumar Natvarlal Mevani|
|Profession||Politician & Social Activist|
|Political Party/Organization||Una Dalit Atyachar Ladat Samiti (supports Indian National Congress)|
|Political Journey||• In the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Election, Mevani decided to contest the election from the Vadgam constituency. He also declared his political support to Indian National Congress.
• On 18 December 2017, he won the Gujarat Assembly Election from the Vadgam Constituency as an independent.
• On 8 December 2022, he again won the Gujarat Assembly Election from the Vadgam Constituency on a Congress ticket. NDTV
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year, 1980|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|Hometown||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|School||Swastik Vidyalaya, Ahmedabad
Vishwa Vidyalay Madhaymik Shala, Ahmedabad
|College/University||H.K Arts College, Ahmedabad
D. T. Law College, Ahmedabad
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from H.K Arts College, Ahmedabad in 2003
Bachelor of Law (LLB) from D. T. Law College, Ahmedabad in 2013
A Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
|Family||Father- Natwarlal Shankarlal Parmar
Sister- Not Known
|Address||104, Yuvadnagar Society, Vibhaag 2, Rameshwar,Mahadedh Char Rasta, MeghaniNagar, Ahmedabad 380016|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Travelling|
|Controversies||• During his campaigning in the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Election, a video emerged in which he allegedly raised religious slogans and asked people to chant 'Allah o Akbar;' Crowd replied 'Modi, Modi.'
• On 20 December 2017, he delivered a controversial statement in which he suggested that Prime Minister Narendra Modi should retire and "go to the Himalayas."
• An Assam police team arrested him on the midnight of 20 April 2022 from a circuit house at Palanpur in Gujarat’s Banaskantha district. His arrest was based on a complaint lodged by Arup Kumar Dey, a Bharatiya Janata Party leader from Bhabanipur village in western Assam’s Kokrajhar distric over Mevani's controversial tweet in which he said, “Prime Minister Narendra Modi worships and considers (Nathuram) Godse as God.” The Hindu
• On 16 September 2022, a court in Ahmedabad sentenced Jignesh Mevani and 18 others to six months of simple imprisonment in a 2016 rioting case. Reportedly, Mevani staged a road blockade agitation in 2016, demanding that an under-construction building of the law department of Gujarat University should be named after Dr B R Ambedkar. NDTV
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Known (a Muslim Girl)|
|Salary (as an M.L.A. from Gujarat)||INR 47,000 + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 10 Lacs (as of 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jignesh Mevani
- Mevani’s family is native of Meu, a village in Mehsana district.
- He holds a Law Degree and is a social activist.
- He is the convener of the Una Dalit Atyachar Ladat Samiti that organizes various Dalit protests in Gujarat.
- In August 2016, he organized a massive rally, in which Dalits pledged to give up removing cow carcasses and cleaning gutters. The rally was attended by some 20,000 Dalits.
- During the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Election, Mevani, along with Hardik Patel and Alpesh Thakor, became the rising face in the politics of Gujarat.
- In 2017, after being elected to the Gujarat Legislative Assembly, he made derogatory remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which he allegedly called him a mentally old person who should retire from the politics and take a shelter on the foothills of Himalaya.