|Full Name||Jigneshkumar Natvarlal Mevani|
|Profession||Politician & Social Activist|
|Political Party/Organization||Una Dalit Atyachar Ladat Samiti (supports Indian National Congress)|
|Political Journey||• In the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Election, Mevani decided to contest the election from the Vadgam constituency. He also declared his political support to Indian National Congress.
• On 18 December 2017, he won the Gujarat Assembly Election from the Vadgam Constituency.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year, 1980|
|Age (as in 2017)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|Hometown||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|School||Swastik Vidyalaya, Ahmedabad
Vishwa Vidyalay Madhaymik Shala, Ahmedabad
|College/University||H.K Arts College, Ahmedabad
D. T. Law College, Ahmedabad
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from H.K Arts College, Ahmedabad in 2003
Bachelor of Law (LLB) from D. T. Law College, Ahmedabad in 2013
A Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
|Family||Father- Natwarlal Shankarlal Parmar
Sister- Not Known
|Address||104, Yuvadnagar Society, Vibhaag 2, Rameshwar,Mahadedh Char Rasta, MeghaniNagar, Ahmedabad 380016|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Travelling|
|Controversies||• During his campaigning in the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Election, a video emerged in which he allegedly raised religious slogans and asked people to chant 'Allah o Akbar;' Crowd replied 'Modi, Modi.'
• On 20 December 2017, he delivered a controversial statement in which he suggested that Prime Minister Narendra Modi should retire and "go to the Himalayas".
|Favourite Politician||Rahul Gandhi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Known (a Muslim Girl)|
|Salary (as an M.L.A. from Gujarat)||INR 47,000 + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 10 Lacs (as in 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jignesh Mevani
- Does Jignesh Mevani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jignesh Mevani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Mevani’s family is native of Meu, a village in Mehsana district.
- He holds a Law Degree and is a social activist.
- He is the convener of the Una Dalit Atyachar Ladat Samiti that organizes various Dalit protests in Gujarat.
- In August 2016, he organized a massive rally, in which Dalits pledged to give up removing cow carcasses and cleaning gutters. The rally was attended by some 20,000 Dalits.
- During the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Election, Mevani, along with Hardik Patel and Alpesh Thakor, became the rising face in the politics of Gujarat.
- In 2017, after being elected to the Gujarat Legislative Assembly, he made derogatory remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which he allegedly called him a mentally old person who should retire from the politics and take a shelter on the foothills of Himalaya.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)