|Real Name||Zaheer Khan
|Nickname||Zak and Zippy|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer (Medium Fast Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 10 November 2000 vs Bangladesh in Dhaka
ODI- 3 October 2000 vs Kenya in Nairobi
T20- 1 December 2006 vs South Africa in Johannesburg
#34(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||India, Asia XI, Baroda, Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Surrey, Worcestershire|
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Australia and England
|Favourite Ball||Reverse Swing|
|Records (main ones)||• Took a total of 44 World Cup wickets, highest by an Indian and 5th highest overall.
• Has a total of 610 international wickets (311 in Test, 282 in ODI and 17 in T20).
• Took 11 5-fors in Test match cricket (out of which 8 were outside India).
• In his debut County match for Worcestershire, he took 10 wickets.
• Highest Test score of 75 vs Bangladesh.
|Career Turning Point||2003 World Cup.|
|Date of Birth||7 October 1978|
|Age (as in 2017)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Shrirampur, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Shrirampur, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Hind Seva Mandal’s New Marathi Primary School, Shrirampur
KJ Somaiyya Secondary School, Shrirampur
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father- Bakhtiyar Khan (Photographer)
Mother- Zakia Khan (Teacher)
Brothers- Zeeshan (Elder) and Anees (Younger)
|Hobbies||Travelling and reading|
|Controversies||A controversy erupted during India's 2nd Test against England at Trent Bridge in 2007 when English players started throwing jelly beans at the batting crease area while Zaheer was batting. Angry Zaheer even had a heated exchange of words with Kevin Pietersen.|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar and Viv Richards
Bowler: Wasim Akram
|Favourite Food||Mutton biryani|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Isha Sharvani (Actress)
Sagarika Ghatge (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Sagarika Ghatge (Actress)
|Marriage Date||23 November 2017|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zaheer Khan
- Does Zaheer Khan smoke?: No
- Does Zaheer Khan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Zaheer is a Mumbaikar but he started playing first-class cricket for Baroda.
- His father was the one who initially discovered his bowling talent and took him to Mumbai when he was 17 years old.
- He was on his way to join Mechanical Engineering degree course, but on suggestion of his coach, he dropped out his studies to focus on cricket.
- His signing with County team Surrey in 2014 and later Worcestershire rediscovered his bowling skills.
- He was a nightmare for left-hand batsman as he was the 3rd highest wicket taker of the lefties in Test matches with 237 wickets.
- He knocked out South African batsman Greame Smith 13 times in all forms of international cricket.
- During a Test match against New Zealand at Basin Reserve in 2014, Ishant Sharma abused Zaheeer after he fielded slowly on the boundary line.
- He is a huge fan of Sachin Tendulkar and Roger Federer.
- He won the Wisden Player of the Year award in 2008.
- He also won the prestigious Arjuna Award in 2011.
- In his early international cricket days, he was afraid of travelling by plane.
- He owns a restaurant called ZK’s in Pune and a rehab and training centre called ProSport Fitness & Services in Mumbai.
- In 2016, he captained Delhi Daredevils in IPL 9.
- During a Test match against Pakistan in India, a girl from crowd proposed him.