Age: 73 Years
Death Cause: Lung Failure
|Famous role||Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001) as Ram Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: Jalte Badan (1973) as a college student
TV: Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984) as Jhumroo (servant)
|Last Film||Sadak 2 (2020) as Pakya
|Date of Birth||24 March 1949 (Thursday)|
|Date of Death||14 February 2023|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Age (at the time of death)||73 Years|
|Death Cause||Lung Failure Hindustan Times|
|College/University||Film and Television Institute of India, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation at Film and Television Institute of India, Pune ANI|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has a son and a daughter.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Javed Khan Amrohi
- Javed Khan Amrohi was an Indian film and television actor who acted in approximately 150 Hindi films. Some of his well-known roles are in the Hindi films Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), and Chak De! India (2007).
- After graduating, he started working in films where he did supporting roles.
- He has appeared in Hindi films including Naram Garam (1981) as Chandu, Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1985) as Manglu, Ek Ladka Ek Ladki (1992) as a police constable, Phir Hera Pheri (2006) as havaldar, and Dhoom Dadakka (2008).
- The film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India in which he appeared was nominated for an academy award.
- He also worked in TV series including Nukkad (1986) as Karim Hajaam (barber), Ghar Jamai (1997) as a hotel receptionist, Shaktimaan (1998) as a thief, Vishnu Puran (2000) as Rishi Vishwamitra, and Powder (2010) as advocate Siddiqui.
- The TV series ‘Nukkad’ was one of the most popular serials on Doordarshan at that time. He became very popular by playing the role of the barber. After that, in 1988, he played the role of a fakir in Gulzar’s ‘Mirza Ghalib’ which gained him a lot of fame.
- In 1984, he appeared in a music video for the film Duniya.
- He has acted with famous Bollywood actors Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Rishi Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Govinda, Shahrukh Khan, and Amitabh Bachchan.
- After working for a long time as an actor, he quit acting and started teaching youngsters who wanted to become actors. He was a member of the Indian People’s Theatre Association since 1972, where he served as an actor, director, and general secretary.
- He was also a member of the acting faculty at Zee TV‘s Zee Institute of Media Arts in Mumbai.
- He died on 14 February 2023 after suffering from breathing problems for the past year. He was undergoing treatment at Surya Nursing Home in suburban Mumbai. The news was confirmed by filmmaker Ramesh Talwar. In a statement, he said,
Javed was suffering from breathing ailment and was bedridden for the past one year. He was undergoing treatment at Surya Nursing Home. He passed away at the hospital around 1 pm as both his lungs failed.”