Age: 78 Years
|Full name||Jyotiprasad Taparia Rediff|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Founder of||Famy Care Ltd. (a pharmaceutical company)|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1945|
|Age (as of 2023)||78 Years|
|Nationality||• British Indian (1945-1947)
• Indian (1947-Present)
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not known|
• Sanjeev Taparia (managing director at Famy Care Ltd.)
• Ashutosh Taparia (managing director at Famy Care Ltd. and Ananta Capital)
Some Lesser Known Facts About JP Taparia
- JP Taparia is an Indian businessman, who serves as the founder and chairperson of Famy Care Ltd., a healthcare company that makes hormonal and female reproductive healthcare products including emergency contraceptives.
- He belongs to a Marwari family of engineers.
- Until 1990, JP Taparia was employed in his extended family’s business, which specialized in hand tools and engineering.
- On 28 September 1987, Jyotiprasad founded Famy Care Ltd., which became a global producer of female contraceptives. The company established a technological partnership with Finland’s LierasOy in 1991, which helped the company to become the first Indian company to provide contraceptive devices to the Government of India.
- After Sanjeev Taparia and Ashutosh Taparia joined Famy Care Ltd. in 1996, they identified the need for oral contraceptive pills and helped the company expand beyond Intrauterine Devices (IUDs). This move was successful as evidenced by the creation of Mala D, an oral contraceptive pill that helps delay menstrual periods or make them less frequent. As demand grew, Famy Care Ltd. started exporting its products to other Asian countries and Africa.
- Famy Care Ltd. was focused on offering a wide range of contraceptive options, from injectables to oral pills and condoms. With the private equity firm AIF Capital’s investment of $40 million for a 17.5% stake in 2010, Famy Care was able to broaden its product range and expand its operations.
- JP Taparia held directorship positions in several companies throughout his career including Gyan Plantations Private Limited (2 May 1995 – 13 August 2022), Kenpack Pharma Private Limited (4 July 1997 – 9 September 2022), Integrated EduTeam Solutions Private Limited (26 April 2011 – 12 October 2019), Everplus Estates Limited Liability Partnership (18 June 2013 – 9 January 2022), and Tarakesh Pharma Private Limited (14 June 2022 – 30 March 2023).
- The Taparia family, which is one of India’s highest tax-paying families, made headlines in March 2023 after making the most expensive apartment deal ever recorded in India. The family purchased a lavish triplex apartment on the 26th to 28th floors of the Lodha Malabar residential tower, located in the highly sought-after Malabar Hill neighbourhood of south Mumbai, for over Rs. 369 crores. The luxurious property featured stunning sea views of the Arabian Sea and the Hanging Gardens, situated in a prime location opposite the governor’s estate. The property was sold by Macrotech Developers, a listed entity of the Lodha Group. The registration for the deal was completed on 29 March 2023, and the family paid a stamp duty of approximately Rs. 19.07 crore during the registration process.