Some Lesser Known Facts About Kaajal Anand
- Kaajal Anand is an Indian entrepreneur who practised law for over eight years.
- She frequently grabs attention for her friendly connections with well-known Bollywood stars including Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Khan, Shweta Bachchan Nanda, and Karan Johar.
- She was a part of the defence team that represented Sanjay Dutt in the Mumbai bombing case after his arrest in 1993 for violating the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act. After they were successful in getting the actor released on bail, Kaajal stopped practising after more than eight years. Kaajal discussed her decision to leave the industry in an interview after Sanjay Dutta stated,
I was too tired of running back and forth between Arthur Road Jail and home. It was exhausting. It was not for me. I don’t know if I gave up on law or law gave up on me, but what happened was that after Sanjay’s (Dutt) case, I was so exhausted that I took a break…and never went back. I just found that the system takes too long and I’m a person who likes to see quick results. So I took time out and experimented.”
- Kaajal Anand quit her law practice after working for eight years. Kaajal Anand claimed in an interview that she was considering leaving her practice because she was getting tired of it and said,
It’s a cliche, but I believe that justice delayed is justice denied. I didn’t have the patience to wait years till judgements were made. this is a country where a man can get out on bail after baking his wife in a tandoor. I didn’t want to be in a situation where I’d represent someone who’d be accused of rape… and get away scot-free. I quit before I was disillusioned. I was too bored with the law. So Yash asked Avanti and me to do something with our lives. we did.”
- Kaajal Anand co-owns the clothing store “Reverie” along with her close friends Avanti Birla and fashion designer Manish Malhotra.
- She was the operations manager there. Reverie, which had its headquarters in South Bombay’s Walkashewar, shut down. In an interview, she talked about how she was unable to work there and said,
If you see me, you’ll know fashion is not my field. I was a misfit. When you don’t have a passion for something, you play that role badly.”
- Together with Avanti Birla, she established Yantra Furniture And Accessories Private Limited, an ultra-luxury furniture retailer.
- She then opened a med spa Evolve, which was also a partnership between the Yash Birla Group and Pacific Healthcare, after noticing the market’s increasing number of furniture stores. She said in an interview how she wanted to change her foray into skincare and said,
I was toying with this idea for a long time. I travel a fair amount and see how people are about cosmetic surgery in the west; it’s very casual. But it’s still a big thing here — people have this fear. There’s also a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of quacks.”
- Kaajal Anand has held the post of the director of several private companies like Birla Lifestyle Private Limited (appointed on 16 February 2001), Birla Concepts India Private Limited (on 17 March 2002), Global Entertainment Private Limited (on 15 December 2007), Deja-vu Entertainment Private Limited (on 15 December 2007), and Pinnacle Wellbeing Private Limited (on 16 April 2012). She was appointed as the Body Corporate DP Nominee of The Blowdry Bar Llp on 23 December 2015. Other than this, she is a designated partner at Sonlight Productions Llp (appointed on 30 June 2015) and at Hair Station Llp (appointed on 16 August 2017). Other than this, she is associated with two companies, Birla Viking Travels Limited, and Birla Wellness And Healthcare Private Limited
- Kaajal’s friends call her Putlu, which is also her username on a number of social media platforms as of May 2023.
- She dislikes being referred to as a socialite.
hey, i hate being called a socialite. i’m not. i guess in this city, thanks to the various page threes, socialising has been elevated to an art form.”
- Kaajal allegedly supported Shah Rukh Khan during his early days of adversity in the film business. Shah Rukh Khan follows a select group of six individuals on Instagram, including Kaajal Anand.
- Kaajal dislikes being captured.
- SRK and Gauri Khan celebrated Kaajal Anand’s birthday at Mannat in 2018, the party was attended by the bulk of Bollywood superstars, and as a result, the photos from the event became viral on the internet.
- She is a fan of George Michael, a singer-songwriter.
- Anand resides in her mother’s home in South Bombay with her; she reportedly has an eight-person Italian dining table that can seat up to 12 people.
- In an interview, Anand talked about who she would turn to if she wanted guidance or a second opinion on anything, and said,
My mother, and my friends. But it also depends on the problem. If it were to do with work or family, I’d speak to Yash (Yash Birla). If I want the world’s most objective opinion, I would speak to Gauri (Gauri Khan). I find her the wisest, most sensible and most unbiased person that I know. She has the cleanest mind that I have seen. I’ve seen her really call it as it is — whether to Shah Rukh or to me. And I really respect that about her,” she says, smiling, “for just a purely sensitive view, I’d go to Karan (Karan Johar). Also, I run a lot of business advice by Tanya (Dubash), because I respect her mind a lot and have great regard for her and her family.”