|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Awards||• Ramnath Goenka Award from the President of India
• Ganesh Shankar Award from the President of India (which is considered as the biggest award for Hindi journalism instituted by the Union HR Ministry)
• NT Award for the best Hindi TV reporter
• Award for Best Documentary on Environment Awareness
• International Award from The Federation of SAARC Writers and Literature for his contribution to Hindi TV journalism
|Date of Birth||Year 1960|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||14 January 2022|
|Place of Death||Butler Colony, Lucknow District, Uttar Pradesh|
|Age (at the time of death)||61 Years|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack The Kashmir Monitor|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A post-graduate degree in English Literature
• A course in Russian Philology (Russian Language and Literature) from Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia NDTV
|Address||Butler Colony, Lucknow District, Uttar Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Ruchi Kumar (reporter and political editor at India TV)
|Children||Son- Aman Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamal Khan
- Kamal Khan was an Indian news reporter who was working as a resident editor at the news channel NDTV.
- After completing his course in Russia, he started working at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Bengaluru, as a Russian interpreter.
- Kamal then started working as a reporter at a local news channel Amrit Prabhat in Lucknow.
- He then worked at various Indian news channels like Navbharat Times and Dainik Jagran.
- He joined NDTV news channel in 1995 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, and later, he was promoted as a resident editor for the region of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Kamal was famous for his unique style of reporting.
- He delivered a lecture on ‘Peaceful Religious Coexistence: Reality or Myth’ at TEDx Talks in 2018.
- He took his last breath on 14 January 2022. Many Indian politicians and news reporters shared their grief on his demise. Alok Pandey from NDTV tweeted,
Sharing this with profound grief, shock and numbness. @kamalkhan_NDTV sir, our long-standing Lucknow bureau chief, rock-solid journalist, someone we all looked up to for his hard-hitting yet poetic report, passed away this morning. Will share more details as and when available.”
- Lucknow’s senior journalist Naved Shikoh was shocked at his demise. He said,
NDTV’s Kamal Khan passes away.. Veteran NDTV journalist Kamal Khan is no more. He died of a heart attack early this morning at his Butler Palace residence in Lucknow. He was associated with the NDA as the UP Chief for more than two decades. TV is journalism, earlier he had worked in all English-Hindi newspapers of Lucknow. Ruchi Kumar, wife of Kamal Khan Sahab, is the Political Editor of India TV. The favorite of the country and the world, Kamal Khan really made his own identity with amazing journalism. Hardly any TV journalist has the sweetness of tongue, choice of words, pronunciation and engaging script like him. If Ravish Kumar is the diamond of NDTV as an anchor, then Kamal was the jewel of this channel as a journalist. Seeing his PTC (Piece to Camera) in any news package, the eyes of the TV viewers used to get stuck on the TV screen. God may also know Kamal Bhai’s tongue, tone, alphabet, script, Loved the fairness and payoff, and called them ahead of time. Inna Lillahi and Inna Ilahi Rajioon!”
- The TV journalist Rajdeep Sardesai while sharing his grief said,
Terribly sad news to report this morning. Kamal Khan, NDTV’s fine reporter from Lucknow and a dear dear friend passed away this morning. I will miss you dearly my friend and our long chats. Lots of memories! Devastated. Om shanti.”
- The Congress leader and former journalist Supriya Shrinate shared her condolence through Twitter. She tweeted,
Shocked to hear about the sudden demise of @kamalkhan_NDTV. Rock solid journalist, a great human being.”
- On his demise, the Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati said,
The news of the sudden demise of Kamal Khan, a well-known and eminent TV journalist associated with NDTV, is very sad and irreparable loss to the journalism world. My deepest condolences to his family and all his loved ones. May the nature give everyone the strength to bear this sorrow, wishing from such a nature.”
- He was well versed in speaking and writing the Russian language.
- He used to read books in his leisure time.