|Known for||• Playing the role of Daisaa's daughter-in-law in the television show Diya Aur Baati Hum (2011) on StarPlus
• Becoming the second Indian women to perform sologamy
|Physical Stats & More|
|Kanishka Soni - Facebook Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-25-33|
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Devaraya (2012)
TV: Bathroom Singer (2007) on Filmy
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2015: Gorwanta Gujarati Award for contribution in the Indian Entertainment industry
• 2015: Multi-talented Beauty title by The Times of India
• 2016: Women’s achievement award
• 2016: Roshan Sitare Bollywood Award
|Political Party||Republican Party of India (A) Deccan Herald
|Date of Birth||16 August 1987 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||35 Years|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Shahibaug, Ahmedabad|
|College/University||• Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune
• Institute of Business Studies & Research, Mumbai
• Rishikesh Yoga Teacher Training Center, Rishikesh
|Educational Qualification(s) Kanishka Soni - Linkedin||• MBA in finance at Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune
• Postgraduate degree in finance at Institute of Business Studies & Research, Mumbai
• Yoga Teacher Training Course at Rishikesh Yoga Teacher Training Center, Rishikesh
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Married (sologamy)|
|Marriage Date||On 6 August 2022, she took to social media to announce that she had married herself.
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Name Not Known (deceased)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanishka Soni
- Kanishka Soni is an Indian television actress who is known for playing the role of Daisaa’s daughter-in-law in the television show Diya Aur Baati Hum (2011) on StarPlus. In 2022, she became the second Indian women to marry herself.
- When she was in school, she used to take part in various extracurricular activities like dancing, singing, drama, and sports, but she never thought that she would become an actress. She started her career as a model.
- Before starting modelling, she worked as an assistant in the account and admin department at HPK Creation in 2007 and worked there till 2018.
- In 2019, she started working as an admin and account manager at Ankit Krishna And Sons Private Limited
- She appeared as a contestant and guest in the reality shows Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2 (2009), Exhausted with VJ Juhi (2009), and Rakhi Ka Swayamwar (2009).
- She has appeared in various South Indian films including Pathayeram Kodi (2013) and Yuvrajayam (2014).
- In an interview, she talked about her experience of working in the South Indian industry and said,
Being part of the south entertainment industry has helped me learn acting. I’m happy to have work experience with popular stars like Srikant in ‘Devaraya’, Vivekanandan, known professionally as Vivek, in movie ‘Pathayeram Kodi’ and also with S. S. Rajamouli sir. All those experiences today are helping me to get Hollywood projects.”
- She appeared in the Bollywood film Paisa Ho Paisa (2015).
- She has appeared in various mythological dramas including Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev (2012) as Princess Revati, Sankat Mochan Hanumaan (2012) as Saraswati Devi and Maa Parvati, Mahabharat (2015) as Parashvi (Vidur’s Wife), Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap (2015), and Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman (2016) as Sumitra.
- She has appeared in various television shows including Baal Veer (2012), Gumrah: End of Innocence (2013), MTV Webbed (2014), SuperCops vs Supervillains (2015), and Savdhaan India (2016).
- She appeared in television shows Pavitra Rishta (2012), Firangi Bahu (2014), Kullfi Kumarr Bajewala (2018), and Devi Adi Parashakti (2020).
- She has made an appearance in advertisements for various recognised brands like Huggies diaper, Shriram cement, Slicer and Dicer Tele, LIC, Provo Glasses and JULIET Punjabi dresses.
- Apart from acting and modelling, she likes singing. She owns a singing company named ‘Kaso Muzik.’ In 2022, she lent her voice to a song featured in the Hindi drama film M A PASS (Sarkari Naukri) (2022).
- She is associated with the NGO named ‘Rescue Foundation’ in Mumbai. The NGO aims at terminating the practice of human trafficking and forced prostitution by rescuing girls who are trapped in the red-light area. Kanishka donates clothes to the foundation and also provides it with financial aid. In an interview, she talked about her social activity and said,
I have been associated with this foundation since last 4-5 years. I donate them clothes and financially help them and whatever I can do. I also try to help them in other ways and go in weekends to their kandivali branch and spend time with them. It gives me happiness when i see smile on their faces. They are very talented and I Sing and dance along with them to spread some smile on their faces. It’s very sad to know that how they are thrown into forced prostitution with girls as young as 5 to 8 years old.”
- Later, Kanishka started her career in Hollywood as she believed that there was a lack of job security in India. She said that some TV shows in which she appeared came to an end in less than three months after which she had to start from scratch. So, she left the Indian television industry and started working on Hollywood projects. In 2021, she worked on an international project, a short film titled ‘Choice Is Your.’ In an interview, she talked about the project and said,
I always dreamed of becoming an actress. Earlier in India, I enjoyed a lot of fame for my work but finally I realised that it’s time to do something bigger. It was not an easy decision to quit acting in Indian projects when I was at peak. But with the amount of love and appreciation I’m enjoying here. I feel lucky that I switched over and don’t regret it at all.”
- She has a Buddha tattoo on the left side of her back.
- In 2022, she became the second woman in India after Kshama Bindu to perform a sologamy. In an Instagram post, she wrote,
Married to myself since I fulfilled all my dreams my own & the only person I am in love with is MYSELF answer to all questions I am getting I don’t need any Man Ever .. I am happy always alone & in solitude with my guitar I am the goddess, Strong & Powerful, Shiva & Shakti everything is inside ME, Thank you.”
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.