Husband: Varun Bangera
Height: 5' 9"
Age: 38 Years
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Dosti: Friends Forever (2005, Bollywood)
I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona (2011, Kannada)
TV: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2001)
|Awards||2015- Television Style Award for the 'Stylish Female in a Reality Show' for 'Bigg Boss 8'
2016- Zee Gold Award for the 'Most Fit Actress'
2023- Critics’ Choice Award in the Best Actor (Female): Drama Series category for the web series ‘Scoop’ at the Filmfare OTT Awards (26 November 2023)
|Date of Birth||21 December 1983|
|Age (as of 2021)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Gymming, Watching movies|
|Tattoo||Left wrist- 'Maa' written in Hindi
|Controversies||• She was one of the most controversial contestants of 'Bigg Boss 8' (2014), as she had many verbal fights with the fellow contestants in the Bigg Boss house.
• In 2017, she was supposed to do & TV's comedy show 'Comedy Dangal,' but she got replaced at the last moment by Surbhi Jyoti due to her tantrums even before the show got started.
• In March 2018, a Delhi based event manager, Manas Katyal, sent a legal notice to her for cheating, threatening and blackmailing him, his driver and not performing at a wedding reception in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, for which he had to suffer a loss of ₹10 lakhs. On the other hand, Karishma denied such allegations and said that she was cheated, as she was told that the show was in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh. But when she reached there, she came to know that the event was in Haldwani.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||5 February 2022
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bappa Lahiri (Musician)
Hanif Hilal (Model)
Rushabh Choksi (Restaurateur)
Upen Patel (Actor, Model)
|Fiance||Upen Patel (ex-fiance; 2015)|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Died in 2012)
Mother- Jasmine Tanna
Sister- Drishma Kadam (Younger)
|Song||"Jeena Jeena" by Atif Aslam from the film 'Badlapur'|
|Temple||Babulnath Temple in Mumbai|
|Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Travel Destination(s)||Paris, Dubai|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karishma Tanna
- Karishma was born into a middle-class Gujarati family.
- Since her childhood, she was interested in acting, and at the age of 17, she made her acting debut with the superhit TV show ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ as a frivolous girl “Indira.”
- After doing TV for a few years, she tried her luck in Bollywood, but she was either rejected for her height or for being a daily soap actress.
- She had a dream debut in Bollywood in 2005 with the film ‘Dosti: Friends Forever’ which was filled with stars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, Juhi Chawla. She played the role of Bobby Deol’s sister in the film.
- Her first lead role came up with the Kannada film ‘I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona’ (2011), opposite Prem Kumar.
- She didn’t have the ideal start to her Bollywood career after which she went back to the TV world, and did Sony TV’s ‘Comedy Circus’ that resurrected her dying acting career.
- She took cooking classes before entering the ‘Big Boss 8’ house.
- Her Ex-boyfriend, Rushabh Choksi, said that he and Karishma were still in a relationship when Karishma started dating Upen in the ‘Bigg Boss 8’ house.
- She got engaged to Upen Patel in 2015 after he proposed to her on the dance show ‘Nach Baliye 7,’ where they were contestants.
- She considers Kangana Ranaut and Victoria Beckham as her style icon.
- She got the breakthrough in Bollywood with her role as “Madhuri Dixit” in Sanjay Dutt‘s biopic ‘Sanju’ (2018), starring Ranbir Kapoor.
- Karishma Tanna emerged the winner of the adventure-reality show, Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 on 26 July 2020. She was adjudged the winner among the other finalists, Karan Patel, Dharmesh Yelande, and Balraj Syal.