|Famous For||Private Equity & Venture Capital, M&A and Transactions Practices|
|Designation||Partner and Business Lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP|
|Practice Area||Corporate Law (M&A, Venture Capital, IPO, Private Equity, Startups)|
|Awards, Honours and Achievements||Peer-Reviewed California lawyer, Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, Band 3, Chambers USA 2021, Selected in 2021 Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyer, 10.0 Avvo rating|
|Age (as of 2021)||48 Years|
|School||Bishop O'Dowd High School|
|College/University||"Boston College Law School (J.D., 2000)
Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service (B.S.F.S., 1994)"
|Educational Qualification||Boston College Law School (J.D., 2000)
Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service (B.S.F.S., 1994)
Major: International Law
Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Strasbourg (C.E.P., 1993)
Major: International Relations
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Louis Lehot
- Louis Lehot is an American lawyer and partner at Foley & Lardner LLP which is based in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
- In 2000, he started working as a Cross-Border Corporate Finance Lawyer at Shearman and Sterling, Paris, France.
- After working there for almost 5 years, he joined Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, Palo Alto as a corporate lawyer.
- In 2009, he started working as a Corporate, Securities and M&A Law Partner at Sheppard Mullin, Silicon Valley.
- He then worked as a Corporate, Securities and M&A Law Partner at Cooley LP, Palo Alto for almost 2 years, and then he joined DLA Piper, San Francisco Bay Area as a Co-Office Managing Partner in Silicon Valley, and Co-Chair, Emerging Growth and Venture Capital in the US.
- Later, he became a member of the advisory board at SVDX – Silicon Valley Directors Exchange, and as Attorney-at-law, lawyer, managing partner at L2 Counsel, P.C.
- In 2021, he started working as a Corporate, M&A, Private Equity and Venture Capital Law Partner for Innovative Companies & Investors at Foley & Lardner LLP, US.
- He has extensive experience and knowledge in different types of businesses. Louis is also famous for his Wall Street and Silicon Valley experience among his clients.
- He was also recognised by The Legal 500 US in the fields of mergers & acquisitions/corporate and commercial.
- Louis is fluent in speaking the French language.
- He has also been appointed as a faculty member at the world-renowned Stanford Directors’ College.
- His major practice areas are advising entrepreneurs and their management teams, investors, and financial advisors at all stages of growth, from garage to global.
- In an interview, when he was asked how he brought ideas to life, he replied,
To bring an idea to life, you have to boil it down to its most integral parts, and build from there, collaboratively, taking care that you are solving a problem that needs solving and creating something for the greater good. You persevere when the inevitable roadblocks occur, and you can do so because you keep your vision in clear sight. As Peter Block wrote (in a wonderful book by the same title), “The answer to how is yes.”
- Louis holds professional memberships at various renowned law committees like:
- ABA Business Law Committee
- Subcommittee on Negotiated Acquisitions
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Bay Area Corporate and Securities Law Committee
- Silicon Valley Association of General Counsel
- His articles have been featured in renowned websites including:
- Ideamensch | Louis Lehot – Partner at Foley & Lardner
- Top-Rated Palo Alto, CA Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney | Louis Lehot | Super Lawyers
- Louis Lehot, Author at IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law
- Louis Lehot, Author at Chief Executive
- Louis Lehot, Author at DataDrivenInvestor
- Louis Lehot – Profile and Biography at CEO World
- Louis Lehot, Author at Global Trade Magazine
- Louis Lehot | An Interview With Attorney Louis Lehot | Blue Ocean Global Technology
- Louis Lehot, Author at The Good Men Project
- Louis Lehot | The Biggest Changes in IP in the Last 10 Years | Rubicon
- Some of the books in which he has featured are “Mergers and Acquisitions: Cases, Materials, and Problems” and “AI For Lawyers How Artificial Intelligence is Adding Value, Amplifying Expertise, and Transforming Careers.”
- Louis Lehot’s social media profiles are: