Age: 66 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Full name||Nadeem Akhtar Saifi Times of India|
|Profession||Music Director, Businessman|
|Famous For||Being the other half of the iconic Indian music director duo Nadeem-Shravan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|Debut||Film: Dangal (Bhojpuri Film) (1975)
Music Album: Star Ten (1985)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1991 for Aashiqui
• Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1992 for Saajan
• Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1993 for Deewana
• Filmfare Best Music Director Award in 1997 for Raja Hindustani
• Star Screen Best Music Director Award in 1997 for Raja Hindustani
• Star Screen Best Music Director Award in 1998 for Pardes
• Zee Cine Best Music Director in 2003 for Raaz
|Date of Birth||6 August 1954 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||66 Years|
|School||St. Mary's High School, Mazgaon|
|Controversy||In 1997, Nadeem Saifi was accused of the murder of the T-Series founder and his mentor, Gulshan Kumar. It was alleged that Nadeem had planned this murder with the help of D-Company and Dawood Ibrahim. Later, in 2001, he was exonerated of all the charges in the murder case. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Samar Nadeem
|Sibling||Brother- Sohail Saifi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nadeem Saifi
- Nadeem Saifi was part of the iconic Bollywood music composer duo Nadeem-Shravan. Shravan Rathod and Nadeem Saifi met each other through a common friend and they both ended up working together.
- Nadeem Saifi was born in an affluent family. His father was a successful businessman in Mumbai and his grandfather was conferred with the title ‘Khan Bahadur Saheb’ by the British Government. Nadeem was fond of music and playing musical instruments since childhood.
- Nadeem Saifi teamed up with Shravan Rathod to compose music, and in 1979, they composed their first song for the Bhojpuri film ‘Dangal.’ The song was ‘Kashi hile, Patna hile’ and the vocals for the song were done by legendary Indian playback singer Manna Dey.
- Nadeem and Shravan had their major breakthrough with the soundtrack album Aashiqui (1990). The songs of the album became so popular that the label sold almost twenty million copies of the album making it the best-selling album of all time.
- The duo has featured several other Indian playback singers like Anuradha Paudwal, Jaspinder Narula, Hariharan, Suresh Wadkar, Pankaj Udhas, Roop Kumar Rathod, Vinod Rathod, Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik, and many more. They have also worked with some of the top singers like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, and Mohammed Rafi.
- The duo’s career came to a halt when the T-Series founder Gulshan Kumar was murdered by the Mumbai underworld syndicate D-Company. Nadeem Saifi of the duo was accused of his involvement in the murder of Gulshan Kumar. Nadeem Saifi was on a vacation in London when arrest warrants were issued against him. In 2001, the Indian Government requested his extradition to the London High Court but it was denied. Later, in 2001, Mohammed Ali Hussain Sheikh and Abu Salem, who was involved in the murder, denied Nadeem’s involvement in the case.
- Saifi was proved not guilty from the four different courts including the House of Lords in the UK and session courts in Mumbai. He was granted British citizenship, and later, he moved to Dubai to start his own perfume business called Arabian Attars.
- The duo has done more than 150 films together, and in 2005, they decided to split up and start working on their individual projects. In 2016, Nadeem made his comeback in the Indian film industry with the lyricist Sameer Pandey for the movie Ishq Forever (2016).
- On 19 April 2021, Shravan Rathod was admitted to SL Raheja Hospital in Mahim after he tested positive for Covid-19. His son, Sanjeev confirmed the news and further added that his father’s health is critical. On hearing the news, Nadeem made a post on his Instagram account, asking his followers and fans to pray for the speedy recovery of Shravan.