|Famous For||Appearing as Shreya in TVF Pitchers (2015) and Chanchal Sharmaa in TVF Tripling (2016)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||TV: Dhoom Machaao Dhoom (2007)
Film: Aamras: The Sweet Taste of Friendship (2009)
|Award||26 November 2023: Best Actor (Female) in a Comedy Series award for the web series ‘TVF Tripling Season 3’ at the Filmfare OTT Awards
|Date of Birth||5 September 1985 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|School||The Mother’s International School, New Delhi|
|College/University||Gargi College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Psychology Hindustan Times|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Dancing, and Hanging out with Friends|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||23 February 2023
|Husband/Spouse||Kumar Varun (actor and stand-up comedian)|
|Parents||Father- Surender Gagroo (Former General Manager at the State Bank of India)
Mother- Urmil Gagroo
|Siblings||Sister- Maansi Gagroo (Elder)|
|Food||Pizza and Pasta|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress(es)||Sushmita Sen, Konkana Sen Sharma, and Radhika Apte|
|Director(s)||Amit Gulani, Imtiaz Ali, Dibakar Banerjee, and Anurag Kashyap|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Payal Khandwala, Manish Arora, Masaba Gupta, and Malini Ramani|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maanvi Gagroo
- Does Maanvi Gagroo drink alcohol?: Yes
- Maanvi got training in Kathak dance form till the age of 12, and after that, she started training in the Jazz dance form.
- In her debut serial, Dhoom Machaao Dhoom (2007), she played the character of a bubbly girl Ambika “Bikki” Gill. She was roped in the serial along with other actors including Toral Rasputra, Vikrant Massey, Sriti Jha, Kinshuk Mahajan, and Jay Bhanushali.
- She did a small role in the 2008 Disney Channel’s film “The Cheetah Girls: One World.”
- Later, she quit the entertainment industry and returned to her hometown in Delhi. In an interview, when she was asked why she left the entertainment industry, she said,
Most people would cast me as a ‘Punjabi bubbly girl’ and while I didn’t have a problem with these traits really, I was getting bored of playing the same character over and over again. Even if I tried something different within that, I was told to do it in that exact specific manner. That’s when I stopped going for these auditions.”
- She completed her graduation in Psychology in Delhi, and later, went back to Mumbai; as she realised that she wanted to become an actor only.
- She was featured in the Idea advertisements along with Abhishek Bachchan in 2011.
- She did a cameo in the Bollywood film No One Killed Jessica (2011).
- To brush up her acting skills, she joined a theatre group ‘Silly Point Productions’ in Mumbai and worked with the artists like Danesh Khambatta and Meherzad Patel. She has acted in many theatres plays including ‘Like dat only,’ ’The class act,’ and ‘Miss bindass.’
- Gagroo met Nidhi Bisht, a regular TVF actor and casting director through her theatre group.
- In 2014, she appeared in the YouTube channel BeingIndian’s video “Every Bombay Girl in the World.”
- She acted in the Bollywood blockbuster film PK in 2014, in which she played the character of Anushka Sharma’s colleague, Mittu.
- She has featured in many videos of the YouTube channel “Girliyapa,” and one of her videos which gained immense popularity was a spoof of Badshah’s Mercy song, based on slut-shaming women.
- She came into limelight with the TV web series TVF Pitchers in 2015 and TVF Tripling in 2016. She received many awards for her performance in the web series.
- She has also appeared in Hindi telefilms including You Are My Sunday (2016), Guy in the Sky (2017), and 377 AbNormal (2019).
- She acted in a few Bollywood films like Aamras (2009), ?: A Question Mark (2012), and Ujda Chaman (2019).
- In 2019, she acted in Amazon Prime web series “Four More Shots Please!” along with Sayani Gupta, Gurbani J, and Kirti Kulhari.
- Some of her other web series are The Good Vibes (2018) and Made in Heaven (2019).
- She was roped in Ayushmann Khurrana starrer “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan” (2020) in which she played the character of Goggle Tripathi.
- Maanvi and the TV actress, Sriti Jha are best friends
- In an interview, when she was asked about casting couch, she said,
If you are new and you don’t know people, don’t go to their house. Meet at a neutral place like a cafe or a restaurant. Don’t go after office hours, and most importantly always follow your gut.”
- She is a book lover. In an interview, she shared her love for the Harry Potter novel series, she said,
“I love reading and everyone should read. And Harry Potter, I have a special bond with it. I remember I used to be mad about Harry Potter because while we were growing up I started reading it and then the movies were coming. I remember the third book or something, I had bunked school and gone because they were giving some 100 copies and I have got my name written and I was so scared. I wanted to be the first one in my whole batch who has read the book. I told my parents please I have to get up in the morning because otherwise I will have to go after school, after 2 o’clock and they were like don’t be stupid and I started crying and threw tantrum. Then they agreed. After that, I picked up the book and went to school and was showing it off to everybody. Like for acting also you have to grow as a person to be able to act well, I feel. It’s only when you have different experiences you get to know different life situations different culture, so either you do traveling and I love traveling also but I don’t end up getting so much time. So if you don’t have the time to travel so much so the next best option is to read for you to grow as a person.”
- She is well versed in speaking different languages like Hindi, English, Kashmiri, and Bengali.