|Known for||Being the director of the 2016 hit Hindi film Dangal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Chillar Party (2011)|
|Awards||• 2016: Best Director Award for the film Dangal at Filmfare Awards
• 2017: Telstra People’s Choice Award for the film Dangal
|Date of Birth||22 May 1972 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Itarsi, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Itarsi, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School(s)||• Friends English Medium School, Itarsi, Madhya Pradesh
• Bharat Mata Convent School, Behlot, Madhya Pradesh
|Educational Qualification||1996: A Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy and Material Science Engineering from IIT Bombay Scroll|
|Address||He lives at a quaint bungalow in Chembur, Eastern Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Travelling, Watching Films|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari (filmmaker and writer)
|Children||Son- Amaarisa Tiwari
Daughter- Aaradhya Tiwari
Note: His children are twins.
|Parents||Father- Dr. B. D. Tiwari
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Luna Tiwari
Sister- 1 (name not known)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nitesh Tiwari
- Nitesh Tiwari is an Indian director, screenwriter, and lyricist. He mainly works in Bollywood films. In 2011, he made his directorial debut with the film Chillar Party as a co-director. In the same year, this film won the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film.
- In 2014, Nitesh Tiwari directed the film Bhoothnath Returns, which was a supernatural political drama. In 2016, he was the scriptwriter and director of the film Dangal. In April 2017, Dangal was screened at the Beijing International Film Festival, and in June 2017, it was screened at the BRICS festival. According to some media sources, Dangal was the highest-grossing Indian film and the fifth-highest-grossing non-English film of 2016. At the 62nd Filmfare Awards, Nitesh Tiwari was honoured with the Best Director award, and at the 2017 Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, Nitesh Tiwari was felicitated with the Telstra People’s Choice Award for the film Dangal.
- In a conversation with a media house, Nitesh Tiwari stated that soon after finishing his studies at IIT Bombay, he started working at a software company, but he quit the job after four months and began working as a copywriter at FCB Ulka. He explained the film direction as his passion as an IITian. He said,
I wrote and directed plays for our dramatics society, as I was always inclined in that direction. Seeing an instant reaction from the audience to my work encouraged me to express creatively. After working for four months in a software company, I figured that before I got too complacent with the perks and salary, I should listen to my heart and give writing a shot. So I quit and began working as a copywriter at FCB Ulka, which hired an IIT graduate only because two ex-IITians were directors there and they liked my passion.”
- In 2019, Nitesh Tiwari’s directed the film Chhichhore, which was a comedy film. This film was nominated for several awards, and his direction skills received several acclaims.
- Earthsky Pictures was co-founded by Nitesh Tiwari with his wife in March 2018. Under this banner, he produced several advertisements and documentaries, and some of them were based on Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes, the tennis legends.
- Nitesh hails from a small town, Itarsi in Madhya Pradesh, and grew up in the town called Ganj Basoda.
- During his school days, Nitesh Tiwari became a famous student of his school after he participated in a small play titled “Tapori-Mughal-e-Azam” in his school’s cultural event and gave a memorable performance.
- Before venturing into Bollywood films, Nitesh Tiwari worked as a creative director at Leo Burnett.
- Nitesh Tiwari is very fond of playing and watching Cricket in her leisure time.
- According to Nitesh Tiwari, at the time of his arrival in Mumbai, he never thought of being a film director.
- Nitesh Tiwari’s wife was his colleague and creative director at Leo Burnett.
- In May 2022, Nitesh Tiwari, along with his wife, announced to direct and produce a young-adult comedy-drama “Bas Karo Aunty!,” featuring Ishwak Singh and Mahima Makwana. They stated in a media conference that the film was based on Varun Agarwal’s bestselling book “How I Braved Anu Aunty and Co-Founded a Million Dollar Company.”