• Religious Leader
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Political Party||Ittehad-e-Millat Council
|Political Journey||• 2009: Indian National Congress
• 2012: Samajwadi Party
• 2014: Bahujan Samaj Party
• 2022: Indian National Congress
|Religious Sect||All India Muslim Personal Law Board (Jaded) India Today|
|Age (as of 2021)||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Religion/Religious Views||Muslim Tauqeer Raza Facebook Account|
|Denomination||Sunni Tauqeer Raza Facebook Account|
|Controversies||• In 2007, he attracted controversy when he issued a fatwa against the Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasrin. He announced a cash award of rupees five lakh for the head of Taslima and also barred her from entering India. He stated in a press conference that she must burn her books and left India as she wrote against Islam practices. DNA He said,
The only way a fatwa against Taslima Nasreen, whose writings clerics denounced as anti-Islam, could be withdrawn was if she burnt her books and left India."
• In 2022, he stated in a press conference that those killed in Batla House encounter must be given the status of martyrs. He said,
Congress had said to me that they would probe Batla House encounter if their government is formed in 2009. Had there been a probe, the world would have known those killed as terrorists should be given martyr status." India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
Daughter- i khan
Son- Naqi Ali Khan
• Mustajab Beghum
• Bibie Jan
|Parents||Great Grandfather- Ahmed Raza Khan (the founder of the Bareilvi movement)
|Siblings||Elder Brother- Subhan Raza Khan (chairman of the Dargah-e-Aala Hazrat)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tauqeer Raza Khan
- Tauqeer Raza Khan is an Indian politician. He is a religious leader of the Bareilvi sect of Sunni Muslims and belongs to Uttar Pradesh, India. In 2001, he founded the political party Ittehad-e-Millat Council. The founder of the Barelvi movement, Ahmed Raza Khan, was his grandfather. Tauqeer Raza Khan is the head of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (Jaded). In 2013, Khan resigned from the post of handloom department of Uttar Pradesh after the Muzaffar Nagar clashes. To fasten unity among Muslims, Khan visited Deoband in Uttar Pradesh, India in 2016. This town in Uttar Pradesh is the home of the Deoband subsection of Muslims, and later, Tauqeer Raza Khan received critical remarks from his own sect religious leaders for visiting Deoband.
- Tauqeer Raza Khan founded his own political party ‘Ittehad-e-Millat Council’ in Uttar Pradesh on 7 October 2001. The party won ten seats in its first municipal elections and its candidate secured 36,000 votes. Jagran News
- In 2009, Tauqeer Raza Khan joined the Indian National Congress. The congress candidate Praveen Singh Aron won the general elections with his support and defeated Santosh Gangwar of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Tauqeer Raza was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police in 2010 for his involvement in the Hindu Muslim riots of Bareilly. The Muslim Students Organisation and the Barkati Educational Trust stated soon after his arrest that the situations in the city would not normalise until the release of Tauqeer Raza Khan. India Today They stated,
He was arrested on the basis of a fake complaint and claimed that, if he was not released, the city might not return to normalcy.”
- In 2012, Tauqeer Raza Khan supported the Samajwadi Party in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections. He requested votes from the minority community in the name of religion. His party won the assembly elections from the Bhojipura constituency when its MLA Shahzil Islam from Bhojipura in Bareilly won the elections.
- In 2013, Tauqeer Raza Khan was given the portfolio of the vice-chairman of the Handloom Corporation of Uttar Pradesh. During his tenure in Samajwadi Party, he urged the then chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav to investigate the Muzaffar Nagar clashes and suggested that a committee must be formed to look into the matter. Tauqeer Raza Khan also added that his party would no longer support the Samajwadi Party, and resigned from the post in September 2014. The Indian Express
- Soon after he resigned from the Samajwadi Party, Tauqeer Raza Khan blamed Samajwadi Party for not protecting the Muslim citizens in Uttar Pradesh and demanded a special investigation into the communal riots. In a media conference, Tauqeer Raza Khan stated that the Muslim community hoped high from the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh but he had no control over the police officials. He further added that the CM had no experience to run the administration. He stated,
The people of Uttar Pradesh had high hopes from the young chief minister Akhilesh Yadav – that he would herald a new era in the state, but he has disappointed people as he has no control over the officers of the police and the civil administration. This has created an anarchy-like situation in the state. If the Chief Minister had the ability and experience to run the administration, the situation in Muzaffarnagar would not have been so critical.”
- In 2013, Tauqeer Raza Khan visited Delhi and met the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. Soon after the meeting, Kejriwal stated that Tauqeer Raza Khan was a respectable person, and Khan said that he was impressed by Kejriwal and his India Against Corruption movement.
- In 2014, Tauqeer Raza Khan supported the Mayawati led Bahujan Samaj Party.
- In February 2015, Khan formed his own religious sect ‘the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (Jaded) (“Modern”),’ which is a non-governmental organisation for the Muslims that ensures personal laws for the Barelvi Muslims in India. He formed his own party after blaming the Deobandi board members for prejudice. He stated in a media conference while forming his own religious sect that he was feeling short of breath while following the AIMPLB. Wikipedia He stated,
AIMPLB has lost all credibility as its two main components have separated. We are the new board now. We were feeling suffocated earlier.”
- In May 2016, Tauqeer Raza Khan visited the house of the boy who was arrested on terrorism charges in Deoband in Uttar Pradesh by the Special Cell of Delhi Police, where Khan’s rival sect Deobandi was originated. Later, he delivered a speech against the Deobandi leaders at the Darul Uloom Deoband, an educational institution. Milli Gazette He stated in his lecture that while confronting the issues that were affecting Islamic practices, the Deobandis and Barelvis must get united, although they differ in their ideologies, but must fight against the common enemy. The Indian Express
- Soon, after Tauqeer Raza Khan’s visit to Deoband was covered by renowned media houses in Uttar Pradesh. The Times of India wrote that it was a sect storm among the religious leaders and scholars of Barelvi and Deobandi. Soon, Khan’s brother, Subhan Raza Khan issued a notice against him and stated that if Tauqeer Raza Khan would not apologize publicly then he would face fatwa against him by a mufti or an Islamic scholar. Later, a panel of 12 muftis investigated the discussion that took place between Deobandis and Tauqeer Raza Khan through the media files uploaded on social media. Tauqeer Raza Khan was then found guilty by the panel of muftis under haram (religious sin), and soon, Khan went through a Tauba (repenting before God). Jagran News
- In March 2016, Tauqeer Raza Khan condemned the International Sufi Conference that was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. Khan stated that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) was trying to create a community conflict among the Muslims by integrating the conference. He stated in the press conference,
The history is witness of the fact that a Sufi never went to the doors of rich, its first time that in name of Sufism privileges are being availed from Prime Minister and the RSS.
- In 2017, Tauqeer Raza Khan claimed in Social Integration Conference program at Bareilly that a Hindu woman had five husbands, and her children did not know the names of their fathers. He commented on this while debating on the implementation of the uniform civil code in India and prohibiting the instant divorce practise in Islam. He further added that the Hindus and Muslims must not interfere in each others’ matters. Dainik Bhaskar
- On 8 January 2022, Tauqeer Raza Khan while addressing 20 lakh Muslims in Bareilly heard threatening Hindus in the rally. He said that when the Muslims would rise, the Hindus would hide. OP India He said,
I want to warn my Hindu brothers that I’m scared that the day my Muslim youths are forced to take the law into their hands, you will not find a place to hide anywhere in India.”
'20 lakh Muslims listening … I'm afraid my Hindu brothers, if my youth takes law into their hands, you won't find any place to hide in India', Maulana Taukeer Raza Khan over the 'Dharam Sansad' controversy.
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) January 7, 2022
- On 30 January 2022, Tauqeer Raza Khan’s daughter-in-law, Nida Khan, joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. She got married to Sheeran Raza Khan on 18 February 2015. Sheeran Raza is the son of the elder brother of Tauqeer Raza Khan. Sheeran Raza Khan gave instant talaq to Nida Khan within five months of marriage, and she was forced for the Halala practice soon after the triple talaq. She raised her voice against the same and left the house of her in-laws. Later, Nida Khan formed her own non-profit organisation named Ala Hazrat Helping Society to help the Muslim women who are the victims of triple talaq and Halala practice. With the passage of time, Nida Khan became a renowned women rights activist in India. In January 2022, she claimed in a press conference that the Muslim women in Uttar Pradesh were safe in the reign of the Bharatiya Janata Party and that was the reason that she joined the BJP so that she could work for the upliftment of Muslim women in Uttar Pradesh. India Today
- In the 2022 assembly elections, Tauqeer Raza Khan stated that his party would support Indian National Congress. Outlook India
- Tauqeer Raza Khan is followed by more than 6k people on Facebook. He remains very active on social media and often posts his pictures and videos on it.