|Profession(s)||Politician, Journalist, Political Commentator|
|Famous For||Being the Chairman of Indian Premier League|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||• His political career began in 2000 when he was elected as a Member of Parliament.
• Then, he became a member of the Akhil Bhartiya Loktantrik Congress Party.
• In 2003, this party merged with the INC (Indian National Congress) and he was appointed as a Spokesperson of the INC.
• Later, in January 2006, he was nominated as a Secretary to the All India Congress Committee. He elected for the second time in March 2006.
• As a politician, Rajeev Shukla has held few notable positions including "Minister of State – Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs" (2011) and "Minister of State – Ministry of Planning" (2012).
|Date of Birth||13 September 1959|
|Age (as in 2018)||59 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College(s)||• VSSD (Vikramajit Singh Sanatan Dharma) College of Law, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
• P.P.N. College, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
• Christ Church College, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualification(s)||• LL.B from VSSD College of Law, Kanpur
• MA from Christ Church College, Kanpur
|Permanent Address||119/501, Darshan Purwa, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh - 208012
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Watching Sports|
|Controversy||On 1 June 2013, he resigned from his position as the IPL Chairman due to the alleged charges of spot-fixing and corruption in the IPL. In 2015, he was again appointed as the Chairman of IPL by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 June 1988|
|Wife/Spouse||Anurradha Prasad (Managing Director of B.A.G. Films and Media Limited)
Daughter- Vaanya Shukla
|Parents||Father- Ram Kumar Shukla
Mother- Shanti Devi Shukla
|Car(s) Collection||Hyundai 2003, Audi, BMW|
• Cash: ₹10 Lakhs
• Bank Deposits: ₹3.5 Crores
• Bonds, Debentures, Company Shares: ₹12.5 Crores
• Jewellery: ₹58 Lakhs
Agriculture Land: Worth ₹2.5 Crores
• Near Village Gwal Pahadi, Haryana (Total Area 4.6 Acre)
• Kandha Ghat, Himachal Pradesh (Total Area 3.43 Acre)
Residential Buildings: Worth ₹10.5 Crores
• 3 Bedroom Flat Jawaharlal Co- Operative Housing Society
• Flat 2302 (23"I Floor) (Three Bedroom)
• A Flat in Mumbai
• A Flat in New Delhi
• Residential Plot Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹31 Crores (as in 2011)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rajeev Shukla
- He was born on 13 September 1959 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- After completing his studies, he began his career as a reporter with a leading publication in Uttar Pradesh.
- As a reporter, he worked with several publications such as Northern India Patrika, Jansatta, Dainik Jaagran, Ravivar Magazine, and Sunday Magazine. He also worked as an Editor for “The Observer Media Group” including “The Sunday Observer.”
- He wrote “Front Foot” (a column) in the Indian Express for almost 10 years. He wrote another column “Power Play.”
- Later, he hosted a famous TV interview show “Ru Ba Ru.” In this show, he interviewed several well-known personalities including Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Sonia Gandhi, Nawaz Sharif, Dalai Lama, Benazir Bhutto, Amitabh Bachchan, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Anil Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, and others.
- He has also been an anchor for DD National’s show, “Nishan.”
- In 2000, he finally stepped into the politics. In an interview, he said that
“I have always thought that it is better to join politics openly than to maintain the façade of a journalist and try to operate in politics. That is why I took the plunge.”
- He is an active member of the Sports Committees for Cricket and Hockey, on both National as well as State levels. He is the Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association and also a Member of Governing Council of the Hockey India League.
- His spouse Anurradha Prasad is the sister of Bharatiya Janata Party’s leader and Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- He is also the Founder and Director of a media company named “BAG FILMS & MEDIA LTD.” This media company is known to produce both Hindi and Punjabi movies.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡