Asmita Marwa Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Harvesh Marwaha
|Famous For||Sustainable fashion|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Awards, Achievements||• 2018: Received “Trendsetter in Fashion” award at the South Indian Fashion Awards
• 2019: 'Iconic Leader of the Year (Sustainable Fashion)' Award at the Iconic Achievers Awards
• 2019: Guest of Honour at Mrs Telangana
• 2021: She and her husband were awarded the 'Best Dressed Couple of the Year' at the You and I Awards 2020
• Featured in Vogue magazine as 'Promising Talent To Watch Out For'
|Date of Birth||She celebrates her birthday on 7 February every year.|
|Age (as of 2021)||Not known|
|School||Vidyarayana High School, Hyderabad|
|College/University||Nizam College, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Psychology I Knock Fashion|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram - Asmita Marwa|
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 December, 1988|
|Husband/Spouse||Harvesh Marwaha (Chartered Accountant)
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Anugita Abels
|Children||Son- Karan Aryaman Marwaha (Film director)
Sister- Deepika Mehta (younger) (Professional Fitness Expert, Yogini)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asmita Marwa
- Does Asmita Marwa drink alcohol?: Yes
- Asmita Marwa is an Indian fashion designer who has been rated as one of nine top ‘up-and-upcoming international designers’ by Vogue.
- Marwa believes that she discovered her creativity by seeing her grandmother knit and do beautiful hand embroidery and her mother do painting. I Knock Fashion
- Asmita admitted in an interview that as a child she used to play with fabrics and used to drape sarees in different ways, which laid the foundation for her love for designing. Eat My News
- The sustainable designer never officially attended a fashion school as she couldn’t get a visa for her higher studies abroad. Eat My News
- She began her design career in 1994, by styling for films like Premante Idera, Arjun, Manmadhudu, Santhosham, Attadu, Pokiri, and Gharshana, where she got the opportunity to work with some big celebrities from the industry. Gradually, Marwa began designing and holding exhibitions.
- Asmita has been designing since the early 1990s and is the first Hyderabadi designer to enter the Telugu film industry. You & I
- Her eponymous label, ‘Asmita Marwa Design,’ was launched in 2003 and promotes sustainable fashion, recycling, and upcycling, which has all the garments created in-house, using ethical norms and practices. According to Asmita, her label believes in ‘Cradle-to-Cradle’ design or re-generative design. I Knock Fashion She said in an interview,
Sustainability is an ideology, a state of mind and a concept close to my heart — as a designer and as a creative person.”
- Her label is now synonymous with Resort wear fashion.
- Marwa’s creations for her label were also featured in the Blenders Pride Fashion Fringe Show in 2004. The designer has been associated with the brand since then.
- Asmita Marwa Design got its big break when she showcased her label’s first collection of Kalamkari in the Lakme Fashion Week in 2008. Since then she has been associated with the LFW and she has also been a part of the Fashion Week in Goa since 2011. Asmita Marwa – official website
- The designer rose to fame with her Kalamkari collection that took the fashion industry by storm – from Paris to Los Angeles.
- A member of the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), Asmita was also invited to show her ‘Zero Waste Luxury’ collection at the Global Sustainable Fashion Week 2016, held in Budapest, Hungary. Asmita Marwa – official website
- The fashion designer is also an avid cook and regularly posts pictures and recipes of her homemade dishes on her personal Instagram page. Some of Asmita’s recipes have also been featured in the You & I magazine. You & I
- Asmita Marwa Design label has been donned by several celebrities including Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Preity Zinta, Angela Davis, Rana Daggubati, Nagarjuna, Mahesh Babu, and world-renowned artists like M. F. Hussain.
|↑1, ↑3, ↑7||I Knock Fashion|
|↑2||Instagram - Asmita Marwa|
|↑4, ↑5||Eat My News|
|↑6||You & I|
|↑8, ↑9||Asmita Marwa – official website|
|↑10||You & I|