|Real Name||Omar Abdullah|
|Political Party||Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (JKNC)
|Political Journey||• In 1998, elected to the 12th Lok Sabha.
• In 1999, elected to the 13th Lok Sabha.
• On 13 October 1999, became the Union Minister of State, Commerce, and Industry.
• On 22 July 2001, became the Union Minister of State for External affairs in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA Government.
• On 23 June 2002, became the President of the National Conference Party.
• In 2006, he was reelected the President of the National Conference Party.
• On 5 January 2009, became the 11th Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
• On 24 December 2014, he resigned from the post of the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 92 kg
in Pounds- 203 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||10 March 1970|
|Age (as in 2018)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||Rochford, Essex, United Kingdom|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Srinagar district, Kashmir, India|
|Schools||Burn Hall School, Sonwar Bagh, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Kasauli Hills, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India
|College||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Com from Sydenham College Mumbai in 1992|
|Debut||In 1998, when he was elected to the 12th Lok Sabha.|
|Family||Father- Farooq Abdullah (Indian Politician)
Grandfather- Late Sheikh Abdullah (Indian Politician)
Mother- Molly Abdullah
Sisters- Safia, Hinna, Sarah
|Hobbies||Driving, Skiing, Swimming, Reading, Travelling, Listening to Music|
|Address||G-1, Gupkar Road Srinagar|
|Major Controversies||• In 2006, he was criticized for meeting with Pakistan's president, Pervez Musharaf, in Islamabad without the approval of the Centre.
• In 2009, he was criticized for covering up the rape & murder of two young women in Shopian.
|Favourite Singer||Mohammad Rafi, Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Book||‘Shantaram’ by Gregory David Roberts|
|Favourite Destination||Gulmarg, The Maldives, London|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Nidhi Razdan (TV News Anchor)
|Wife||Payal Nath (m. 1994, separated 2011)
|Children||Sons- Zahir, Zamir
|Net Worth (approx.)||65 Lakh INRs (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Omar Abdullah
- Does Omar Abdullah smoke?: Not Known
- Does Omar Abdullah drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in a political family in Rochford, Essex, United Kingdom.
- Omar, his father Farooq Abdullah, and his grandfather Sheikh Abdullah, all three have served as the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
- His mother, Molly, is a British Nurse. She never backed Omar to join politics.
- On 22 July 2001, he became the youngest Union Minister at the age of 32.
- On 23 June 2002, he replaced his father, Farooq Abdullah, to become the President of National Conference.
- On 23 December 2002, he resigned from the post of Union Minister to concentrate on party work.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)