|Real Name||Farooq Abdullah|
|Political Party||Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (JKNC)|
|Political Journey||• In 1980, elected to the Lok Sabha from Srinagar Constituency.|
• In August 1981, he was appointed President of the National Conference.
• In 1982, became the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir for the first time.
• In 1986, became the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir for the second time.
• In 1987, became the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir for the third time.
• In 1996, became the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir for the fifth time.
• In 1999, joined the Atal Bihari Vajpayee led National Democratic Alliance.
• In 2002, elected to the Rajya Sabha from Jammu and Kashmir.
• In 2009, re-elected to the Rajya Sabha.
• In 2009, elected to the Lok Sabha from Srinagar.
• From 28 May 2009 to 26 May 2014, held the office of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
• On 16 April 2017, elected to the Lok Sabha from Srinagar in a by-election.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 92 kg|
in Pounds- 203 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||21 October 1937|
|Age (as in 2016)||79 Years|
|Birth Place||Srinagar district, Kashmir, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Srinagar district, Kashmir, India|
|School||Tyndale Biscoe School, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|College||Sawai ManSingh Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Educational Qualifications||MBBS From Swami Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan In the year 1962|
|Debut||In 1980, when he was elected to the Lok Sabha from Srinagar Constituency.|
|Family||Father- Late Sheikh Abdullah (Indian Politician)|
Grandfather- Sheikh Mohammed Ibrahim
Mother- Begum Akbar Jehan Abdullah
Brother- Sheikh Mustafa Kamal (Indian Politician)
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Listening to Music, Dancing|
|Address||The Gupkar Road Srinagar, Kashmir|
|Major Controversies||• In the 1987 Assembly Elections, allegations of fraud were made against him.|
• In 2013, he made a controversial statement on women; in which he said "These days, I am afraid of talking to women. In fact I don't even want to keep a woman secretary, god forbid, if there's a complaint against me and I end up in jail. Such is the state of affairs today. I agree that incidents of rape have increased...but this has to stop somewhere."
• In 2015, he delivered a controversial statement; in which he said that neither Pakistan could take Kashmir nor could India take control of the PoK.
• In 2016, he again delivered a controversial statement on PoK; in which he said "Kya yeh tumare baap ka hai (Is this your father's’ property)."
• In December 2016, he courted a controversy by pledging support to Hurriyat. He said "I ask these Hurriyat leaders to unite. We are standing by your side at this hour. Don't think of us as your adversaries. We are not your adversaries."
• In February 2017, he sparked a fresh controversy by saying that the new generation of Kashmiri militants was fighting for freedom.
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Omar Abdullah (Indian Politician)|
Daughters- Safia, Hinna, Sarah
Son-in-law- Sachin Pilot (Indian Politician)
|Net Worth (approx.)||3 Crore INRs (as in 2014)|