Age: 38 Years
Hometown: Majitha, Amritsar
Wife: Rajwinder Kaur
|• S. Papalpreet Singh YouTube – Papalpreet Singh
• Pappalpreet Singh The Times of India
|Self-Proclaimed Video Journalist, Sikh Activist
|Being the aide of Waris Punjab De chief Amritpal Singh
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Salt & Pepper
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2023)
|A convent school
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Amritsar, Punjab
|• A three-year polytechnic diploma at the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Amritsar, Punjab YouTube – The Tribune
• A postgraduate diploma in computer science
|• Booked by Police Under Various Cases
In 2015, during Sarbat Khalsa, a biannual deliberative assembly of the Sikhs held at Amritsar, he read out the chargesheet of the militant Narain Singh Chaura, and at the end of this speech, he said that Khalistan was the only solution to all problems of Sikh community. His speech was against the then chief minister of Punjab Parkash Singh Badal for which he was arrested by the local police. In the same year, Papalpreet, along with his other Sikh activists, planned a protest at the premises of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital in Ludhiana. To stop the Sikh activists, local police arrested Papalpreet and other activists under section 107/151 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. Sikh 24 Sikh 24
• Charged in Attempt to Murder
In 2019, Papalpreet and his associates had a feud with the drug peddlers in Punjab as Papalpreet was working against the drug peddlers for a very long time. During the fight, Papalpreet and his associates were arrested under IPC section 307 for an attempt to murder. However, Papalpreet said that at the time of the fight, he was sitting at his home and a false case was registered against him. Sikh 24
• Arrested in Four Criminal Cases
In 2023, the Amritsar Police charged four criminal cases against him. As per one of the cases, the Income Tax Department flagged him as High Risk-CRIU (Case Related Information Upload). According to the Income Tax Department, he did not submit his returns for the financial year 2019-20, and he had an unaccounted income of Rs 4.48 lakh in his account. Reportedly, while he was on a run in 2023, he left a bag with a woman named Baljeet Kaur at Shahabad in Kurukshetra, where Papalpreet and Amritpal had taken shelter for a day. Papalpreet had told the woman that someone would come to collect the bag. However, the local police recovered the bag from the woman and from the bag the Income Tax notice was also recovered. The Economic Times
• Helped Amritpal Singh in Escaping
On 21 March 2023, the National Security Act was invoked against absconding Waris Punjab De chief Amritpal Singh and his aide Papalpreet Singh. According to the media sources, Papalpreet was the mastermind behind Amritpal’s run. The Punjab Police identified Papalpreet and Amritpal escaping from different places in Punjab and Haryana through CCTV footages. On 10 April 2023, the Amritsar rural police arrested Papalpreet from Kathu Nangal in Amritsar, Punjab. The Quint Later, while talking about Papalpreet’s arrest to the media persons, a local police official said,
"He (Papalpreet) is the main associate of Amritpal Singh. He has been arrested from the Kathu Nangal area in Amritsar. Papalpreet has been detained under the stringent National Security Act (NSA) and six other cases have also been registered against him. Further legal action will be taken against him as per law.”
|Relationships & More
|He has a son.
|Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Mandher Kaur
|He has a sister, who resides in Australia.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Papalpreet Singh
- Papalpreet Singh is a self-proclaimed video journalist and Sikh activist. He is a close aide of the pro-Khalistani leader Amritpal Singh. According to various sources, he has been linked with Pakistan’s ISI for a very long time. The Economic Times Papalpreet was arrested on 10 April 2023 by the Amritsar Rural Police in the Kathu Nangal area in Amritsar, Punjab under the National Security Act (NSA).
- In 2007, after the happening of two major events in his life, he quit his job and became a Sikh activist. The first event was when Jagtar Singh Hawara and Balwant Singh Rajoana, the assassinators of the former chief minister of Punjab Beant Singh were sentenced to death. In the second event, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, Dera Sacha Sauda chief dressed up as Guru Gobind Singh which hurt the sentiments of Sikh people.
- He then associated with Sikh Youth Front and Sikh Youth Federation Bhindrawala. Since then, he has been supporting the Khalistani movement.
- In 2016, he joined Simranjit Singh Mann’s political party Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar). He even campaigned for Mann in the 2017 Assembly elections. In the same year, he left the party.
- In an interview given to a radio channel in 2016, he shared that he was inspired by the work of the founder of the Bhindranwale Tiger Force of Khalistan Gurbachan Singh Manochahal.
- Papalpreet Singh has started a monthly magazine ‘Dharam Yudh’ and a website ‘Punjab Shield’ to promote the Khalistani movement.
- In an interview, his mother shared that he was a panchayat member in his village. She further said that he has been working for the welfare of needy children, and he has helped a few youths in Punjab to get rid of drugs. He has also started a music school in his village.
- Papalpreet has started a self-titled YouTube channel in which he uploads videos on the Sikh community. His channel has around 39.4k subscribers. In 2023, after Papalpreet and Amritpal were declared fugitives by the Indian government, except his YouTube channel, all his social media accounts were banned by the Indian government.