|Famous Role||Working in Punjabi movies, and for his active participation during the farmer's protest|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 0”
|Debut||Punjabi Film: Ramta Jogi (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won the 'Kingfisher Model Hunt in 2014
• Won Grasim Mr. Personality & Grasim Mr. Talented in 2014
|Date of Birth||2 April 1984 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Laws The Times of India|
|Controversy||Deep Sidhu has been actively participating in the farmer's protest from the past 2 months. He was leading a group of farmers who were supposed to follow the designated route during the 26th January 2021 tractor march. Other farmers and their unions are blaming him for the mishappenings that took place in the protest. However, Deep Sidhu defended himself through his Facebook live. He said that he is not responsible for the Red Fort march by the protestors and the hoisting of the flags. He further added that the situation that took place at the sight was done in the heat of the moment. NDTV On 9 February 2021, the actor was arrested by SWR Range of the Special Cell of Delhi Police from Punjab's Zirakpur area. Earlier, Delhi Police had announced a bounty of Rs. 1 lakh on the actor. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Siblings||Brother- Mandeep Singh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deep Sidhu
- Deep Sidhu started his career in 2015 with the Punjabi movie Ramta Jogi. He worked with the Punjabi actress Ronica Singh in the movie. Dharmendra introduced him to the film industry and his film Ramta Jogi was produced under his production banner, Vijayta Films.
- During his college days, he won the titles of ‘Kingfisher Model Hunt,’ ‘Grasim Mr. Personality,’ and ‘Grasim Mr. Talented.’
- He had walked the ramp for big designers like Hemant Trivedi, Rohit Gandhi, and many more.
- Before modeling and acting, he was practicing as a lawyer, and his first placement was with ‘Sahara India Pariwar’ as legal advisor. Later, he worked with a British law firm called Hammonds who managed Disney, Sony Pictures, and other Hollywood Studios.
- For three and half years, he was the legal head of Balaji Telefilms, and at that time, Ekta Kapoor offered him to act in a serial but he refused her offer.
- He also opened his own law firm namely ‘Lex Legal’ and had clients like ‘Sanjay Leela Bhansali Films’, ‘Balaji Telefilms’, ‘Vijayta Films’, ‘Red Chillies’, ‘PVR Pictures’, ‘Sony Pictures’, ‘Colours’, ‘Star Plus’ and others.
- He has worked with many senior Indian lawyers including Ram Jethmalani, Harish Salve, Rohinton Fali Nariman, Mukul Rohatgi, Arun Jaitley, and others.
- Deep Sidhu worked in the Punjabi movie ‘Jora 10 Numbaria’ in 2017. In 2018, he worked in ‘Saade Aale,’ which became the first Punjabi film to be premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. The Times of India
- Deep Sidhu’s latest film was ‘Jora: The Second Chapter’ which was released in March 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown began.
- On 17 January 2021, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) issued a summon to the Punjabi actor Deep Sidhu, in connection to a case that was filed against the outlawed group Sikhs For Justice (SFJ). Sidhu called the allegations false and said-
This (NIA summons) is nothing to be surprised about. The government is doing all it can to threaten protesters. I am not affected by these notices. I never had any contact with the SFJ. There is no reason I should be in touch with them. I don’t know who they are. Such notices are part of our fight for farmers.”
- Deep Sidhu has been an active participant in the ongoing farmer’s protest against the three farm bills that were passed by the government in the year 2020. Sidhu has been present at the protest sites for a few weeks now. However, on 26 January 2021, the tractor rally got out of hand when the farmers marched towards the Red Fort to hoist their flags and set up camps there. Prominent leader Rakesh Tikait of the Bharat Kisan Union said-
Deep Sidhu is not a Sikh, he is a worker of the BJP. This is a movement of farmers and will remain so. Some people will have to leave this place immediately – those who broke barricading will never be a part of the movement.”
- Internet was flooded by the pictures of Deep Sidhu standing next to Bollywood actor and BJP MP from Gurdaspur, Sunny Deol, and the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. After the photo surfaced, Sunny Deol wrote a message on his Twitter account and said-
आज लाल क़िले पर जो हुआ उसे देख कर मन बहुत दुखी हुआ है, मैं पहले भी, 6 December को ,Twitter के माध्यम से यह साफ कर चुका हूँ कि मेरा या मेरे परिवार का दीप सिद्धू के साथ कोई संबंध नही है।
— Sunny Deol (@iamsunnydeol) January 26, 2021
- On 3 February 2021, Delhi Police had announced a cash reward of Rs. 1 lakh for the informant providing any information leading to the arrest of Deep Sidhu, Gurjot Singh, and Gurjant Singh. The police have also announced a reward of Rs. 1 lakh on Jugraj Singh, who had climbed the flagpole at Red Fort to unfurl the religious flag. Times Now News