|Profession(s)||Model, Actor, Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Medium Golden Brown|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Prayanam (2009, as Harika)
British Telefilm: Sharpe's Peril (2009, as the daughter of a revolutionary freedom fighter )
Kannada film: Varshadhaare (2010, as Mythili )
Tamil Film: Therodum Veedhiyile (2014, as Pavalakodi )
Bollywood: Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi (2017, as Pooja)
Televison: Saath Nibhaana Saathiya (2016, as Radhika)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Mumbai City Icon Award (2018) in the category of Promising debut in the entertainment industry
• Times Leading Icon Award (2019)
• Icon of the Year Award (2019)
• Aspiring she magazine award (2020) for the 'Most fascinating face of the year'
|Party||Republican Party of India (Athawale)
|Date of Birth||13 November 1989 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||31 Years|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||St. Paul's Mission School, Kolkata|
|College/University||Scottish Church College, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts Hons. Political Science
• Diploma in fashion technology The Hindu
|Ethnicity||Bengali The Times Of India|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian The Health Site|
|Controversy||In September 2020, Payal Ghosh accused Anurag Kashyap, a famous Bollywood director, of sexual harassment. The alleged incident took place in 2014 when Payal visited the director's house. While giving her a house tour, Anurag Kashyap suddenly stripped naked in front of the actress and molested her. Payal also claims that Kashyap told her that Bollywood actresses like Huma Qureshi, Richa Chadda, and Mahie Gill frequently indulged in such sexual encounters with him. YouTube Payal politely refused the offer and immediately left the house citing that she was unwell. Anurag Kashyap, through a series of tweets, dismissed the sexual assault allegations and intended to pursue the matter legally. Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Name Not Known
|Food||Chinese food (Mainland China and Chinoiserie at Taj Bengal)|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Payal Ghosh
- Does Payal Ghosh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Payal Ghosh is an Indian actress of Bengali origin. After establishing her name in South Indian film industry, she made her debut in Bollywood with the movie, Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi (2017).
- During her teenage days, Payal took part in various stage shows and dramas and was much appreciated for her performances. She belonged to a conservative family, and her father did not support her desire to become an actress. At the age of 17, she ran away from her home in Kolkata and went to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. She stayed at her eldest sister’s house in Mumbai where she shot a couple of advertisements with Tata Indicom and Docomo.
- In 2009, she accompanied her friend to an audition for Sharpe’s Peril, a British telefilm, and secured a part in the movie for herself. She played the part of a village girl, the daughter of a revolutionary freedom fighter from Bengal.
- Later, she pursued an acting course at Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai. In 2009, she had an encounter with Chandra Sekhar Yeleti, a film director who was auditioning for the Telugu movie, Prayanam. Payal made her debut in the Telugu film industry with the film Prayanam in which she played the lead role of Harika. Other Telugu films in which she starred include Oosaravelli (2011) and Mr. Rascal (2011).
- Payal Ghosh prioritizes portraying roles which highlight her performance. In an interview, she said,
I look at roles that provide scope for performance. If I had to choose between a big project in which my role is not substantial and playing a brilliant character in a small film, I would probably opt for the latter. I want my skill to be appreciated”
- In 2017, she made her debut in Bollywood with the movie, Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi, opposite Vir Das, and shared screen with veterans like Rishi Kapoor and Paresh Rawal.
- She is the brand ambassador of Nutramantra, a Hyderabad based company.
- On 26 October 2020, she joined the Republican Party of India (Athawale), which is led by the Union Minister Ramdas Athawale. Reportedly, she was also named as the vice president of the party’s women’s wing. While welcoming Ms. Ghosh into the party, Athawale said,
I told her RPI(A) is Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar’s party. It helps all sections of society, be it Dalits, Adivasis, OBCs, villagers, slum dwellers. The RPI will get a good face if you join the party. After I discussed this with her, she was ready to join the party.”