|Famous For||Featuring in a series of Fair & Lovely TV advertisements
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-25-33|
|Debut||Film (Bollywood): Vicky Donor (2012) as 'Ashima Roy'
Film (Telugu): Nuvvila (2011) as 'Archana'
Film (Kannada): Ullasa Utsaha (2009) as 'Mahalakshmi’
Film (Malayalam): Hero (2012) as 'Gauri Menon'
Film (Punjabi): Ek Noor (2011) as ‘Rabiha’
TV: Chand Ke Paar Chalo (2008) as 'Sana'
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 5th Boroplus Gold Award for “Rising Film Stars From TV” for the film ‘Vicky Donor’ (2012)
• BIG Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female” for the film ‘Vicky Donor’ (2012)
• iTimes’s No. 12 Most Desirable Woman of 2012 (2013)
• Zee Cine Award for “Best Female Debut” for the film ‘Vicky Donor’ (2013)
• IIFA Award for “Star Debut of the Year – Female” for the film ‘Vicky Donor’ (2013)
• Lokmat Most Stylish Award for ‘Most stylish Unconventional Actress’ for the film ‘Bala’ (2019)
• Star Screen Award for “Best Comedian” for the film ‘Bala’ (2020)
|Date of Birth||28 November 1988 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Chandigarh|
|College/University||Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A degree in law honors (drop-out) English Jagran
• In 2019, she was pursuing her graduation through correspondence in Mumbai. Wikipedia
|Caste||Brahmin Financial Express|
|Ethnicity||Half-Punjabi & Half-Pahari; her father is a Punjabi and her mother is a Pahari Desi Martini|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Koimoi|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Pulkit Samrat (actor)
|Marriage Date||4 June 2021
|Husband/Spouse||Aditya Dhar (Film Director)
|Parents||Father- Mukesh Gautam (Punjabi film director, he was the vice president of PTC Punjabi channel)
Mother- Anjali Gautam
|Siblings||Brother- Ojas Gautam (younger)
Sister- Surilie Gautam (younger)
|Food||Chamba ke Rajma, Pizza|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress(es)||Jessica Alba, Tyra Banks, Madhuri Dixit|
|Film(s)||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Titanic (1997)|
|Film Director(s)||Shoojit Sircar, Raju Hirani, Imtiaz Ali, Sriram Raghavan, Neeraj Pandey|
|Colour(s)||Black, Red, White|
|Perfume||Forever and Ever Dior|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Rocky Star, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Masaba Gupta|
|Car Collection||Audi A4
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yami Gautam
- Yami was born in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh. A few years after her birth, Yami’s family shifted to Chandigarh as her grandfather opened a school there for underprivileged children.
- Yami was extremely shy, timid, and studious in childhood.
- In her school days, Yami was an introvert. In an interview, talking about her school life, Yami said,
Once in school, I had prepared to recite a poem on stage. I blanked out. I quickly said something and ran away.”
- While in college, she wanted to become an IAS officer, but she later developed an interest in acting and left her law course in between.
- At the age of 20, Gautam moved to Mumbai to make a career in acting.
- In Mumbai, Yami began her career as a model and bagged her first TV advertisement of Fair & Lovely. She became very popular by featuring in it.
- She has also endorsed brands like Cornetto, Samsung Mobile, Chevrolet, and Revlon.
- Some of her TV serials include “Raajkumar Aaryyan” (2008) and “Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam” (2009).
- Yami also appeared as a contestant in the reality TV shows “Meethi Choori No 1” (2010) and “Kitchen Champion: Season 1” (2010).
- Yami has worked as an actress in many Bollywood films like “Total Siyapaa” (2014), “Action Jackson” (2014), “Badlapur” (2015), “Sanam Re” (2016), “Kaabil” (2017), “Uri: The Surgical Strike” (2019) and “Bala” (2019).
- Whenever free, Yami loves reading, doing interior decoration, and listening to music.
- The American television personality Tyra Banks is her fashion idol.
- Yami tries to keep herself fit by doing Yoga. She enjoys doing Yoga at a temperature of 40-degree Celcius.
- She is a trained pole dancer.
- Besides Bollywood, Yami has worked in films of many regional languages like Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- Yami loves nature and has set up her own greenhouse and organic garden at her home in Himachal Pradesh.
- During one of her interviews, Yami shared that the film that she ever watched on the big screen was Maine Pyar Kiya (1989).
- Yami and Ayushmann Khurrana were friends even before they did “Vicky Donor” (2012). During an interview, Yami shared that she was shocked to see Khurrana on the set of Vicky Donor. She said,
The moment I saw him I was like, ‘Arrey tum?’ Ayushmann was equally surprised.”
- She has been featured on the covers of many popular magazines like “Cosmopolitan” “Elle,” “Brunch,” and “Brides.”
- She is fond of dogs and keeps sharing her pictures with dogs on Instagram.
- In an interview that Yami gave in December 2021, the actress talked about her skin condition, keratosis pilaris, and people’s reactions during shoots. In the interview, the actress revealed that she got this skin condition when she was a teenager. In the interview, the actress explained the Instagram post in which she revealed this skin condition. Hindustan Times She said,
Writing the post wasn’t difficult; it was liberating. The journey from the time when I learnt of my condition to the day I put the post out, was challenging. When people saw me at the shoot, they would talk about how it should be airbrushed or concealed. That would affect me a lot. It took years to accept it and wear my confidence. I was overwhelmed to see the response to the post.”
Her Instagram post read,
Hello my Insta (Instagram) family, I recently shot for some images and just when they were about to go in for post-production (a common procedure) to conceal my skin condition called Keratosis- Pilaris, I thought, ‘Hey Yami, why don’t you embrace this fact and accept it enough to be OKAY with it. Just let it be… (Yes, I do talk out loud to myself).”
For those who haven’t heard about this, it’s a skin condition wherein you get tiny bumps on the skin. I promise they aren’t as bad as your mind and your neighbour aunty makes it out to be) I developed this skin condition during my teenage years, and there is still no cure for it.”