Age: 56 Years
Husband: Randeep Arya
Hometown: Uttar Pradesh
|Profession(s)||Actor, Film Producer, TV Presenter, Former Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||TV (As an Actor): Yeh Hai Raaz (1998) as a police officer, aired on Star Plus
TV (As Host & Producer): Musafir Hoon Yaaron (2001), aired on Star Plus
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Ram Shastra (1995) as Nitu Sinha
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Pelli Sandadi (1996) as Swapna
Film (Tamil; As an actor): Dharma Chakkaram (1997) as Vijayalakshmi
Film (Kannada; As an actor): Galate Aliyandru (2000) as a dancer
Film (Malayalam; As an actor): Rakkilipattu (2007) in a special appearance
Web Series (Hindi; As an actor): Never Kiss Your Best Friend (season 2; 2022) as Sangeeta Malhotra; streamed on Zee5
|Awards||• 2005: Best Show in the Non-Fiction Category at the EMMY Award in New York, USA for the Hindi TV show Yatra
• 2006: Indian Television Awards for the Best Non-Fiction Religious Travel Show & Non-Fiction Travel Show for the Hindi TV shows Yatra and Musafir Hoon Yaaron respectively
• 2010: Award for the TV serial Buniyaad (The Remake)
|Date of Birth||30 September 1967 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Meerut, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||She did her schooling in Delhi.|
|College/University||Chaudhary Charan Singh University (formerly Meerut University) in Uttar Pradesh Abrition|
|Office Address||No. 503, Stanford Plaza, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400053|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Randeep Arya (film producer)|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1997
|Children||Son(s)- Shiv and Shubh
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Krishna Bhatnagar
|Siblings||Sister- Kanika Tomar (former national-level athlete)
|Other Relative||Father-in-law- Dharmendra (actor; brother of her husband's father Veerendra)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepti Bhatnagar
- Deepti Bhatnagar is an Indian actor, film producer, TV presenter, and former model. She became famous for hosting a TV show called ‘Yatra’ on Star Plus, which was a religious travel guide series.
- During her school and college days, she was part of the NCC cadet program.
- When she was in 10th class, she started a small business during her school vacations. She used to sell furnishing items like cushion covers and bedspreads to stores like ‘Amarsons.’ She would travel to Mumbai for her business. Later, she opened a small boutique and ran her business from 10th to 12th class.
- In her youth, she actively played hockey and badminton at the state level.
- In 1990, while she was in her first year of college, she won the Eves Weekly Miss India contest. She then represented India at the Miss International beauty pageant in Nagasaki, Japan, that same year.
- Afterwards, she pursued a career in modelling and participated in various print advertisements and photoshoots. She even signed a modelling contract with an advertising agency, which brought her great fame in the Indian modelling industry.
- Deepti Bhatnagar has been featured in TV commercials for well-known brands like Fair & Lovely, Siyarams Fabrics, Onida Washing Machines, Sunsilk, Vimal Sarees, Colgate, Chutki Mouth Freshener, and Anne French.
- She has also walked the ramp for numerous national and international fashion shows.
- During an interview, she mentioned an interesting incident where an Indian actor saw her in a Siyaram ad and recommended her to a film producer. This led to an offer for a role in a film starring Jackie Shroff. In an interview, Deepti shared that she agreed to do the film at that time because she had purchased a house and needed the money.
- In addition to her modelling and acting career, she has appeared in a few music videos such as ‘Mera Laung Gawacha’ (1991 by Bally Sagoo) and ‘Lal Garara’ (1996 by Hans Raj Hans).
- She has also acted in several Telugu films like ‘Auto Driver’ (1998), ‘Sultan’ (1999), ‘Maa Annayya’ (2000), and ‘Kondaveeti Simhasanam’ (2002).
- Deepti has appeared in various Hindi films like ‘Dulhan Banoo Main Teri’ (1999), ‘Hum Tum Pe Marte Hain’ (1999), ‘Ganga Ki Kasam’ (1999), ‘Mann’ (1999), ‘Chori Chori Chupke Chupke’ (2001), and ‘Rok Sako To Rok Lo’ (2004).
- She has even appeared in a couple of Tamil films like ‘Kaama’ (1999) and ‘Snegithiye’ (2000).
- Her popularity skyrocketed with the TV show ‘Yatra’ in 2002, which was broadcasted on Star Plus.
- Deepti Bhatnagar also ventured into film production with her own company called Deepti Bhatnagar Productions Pvt. Ltd. She has produced several TV serials like ‘Yatra’ (2002; Star Plus), ‘Kabhi Aaye Naa Judaai’ (2003; Star Plus), ‘Mohalla Mohabbat Wala’ (2006; SAB), and ‘Main Kab Saas Banoongi’ (2008; SAB).
- Apart from production, Deepti has also directed a few Hindi TV series such as ‘Mohe Rang De’ (2008; Colors), ‘Jo Biwi Se Kare Pyaar’ (2013; SAB), and ‘Safarnama – The Exotic North East’ (2021; DD National).
- In 2014, she started her own YouTube channel called ‘Travel with Deepti Bhatnagar’ where she shares her travel videos. She has garnered around 185k subscribers on her channel.
- Deepti has showcased her singing talent by lending her voice to a few songs in her films.
- She is a devout follower of Lord Shiva and frequently visits various temples.
- Deepti has a deep passion for Indian classical music and has achieved the visharad level in it. She studied vocal music during her school and college days and received training in Indian classical music for nearly nine years.
- During her free time, she enjoys travelling, playing golf, and spending time with her friends.
- She has been featured on the covers of various magazines.
- Being an animal lover, she has a pet dog named Oreo.