Husband: Anand Rao Vejandla
Net Worth: Rs. 2.2 Crore
Age: 38 Years
|Full Name||Poonam Vajendla Rao|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 2006, joined the BJP.
• In 2009, she contested the Maharashtra Assembly Elections from Ghatkopar against his father's former Personal Assistant, Ram Kadam.
• In August 2010, became the National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
• In 2014, became the Lok Sabha Member from Mumbai North Central.
• On 16 December 2016, she was appointed President of BJP's youth wing- Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she again won from the Mumbai North Central Constituency.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||9 December 1980|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|College||Brighton School of Business and Management, United Kingdom|
|Educational Qualification||Level-5BTEC Professional Diploma in leadership from Brighton School of Business and Management in February 2012|
|Family||Father- Late Pramod Mahajan (Politician)
Mother- Rekha Mahajan
Brother- Rahul Mahajan
|Address||A-703, Signature Island, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai 400051|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Anand Rao Vejandla (Industrialist)
|Children||Son- Aadya Rao Vajandla
Daughter- Avika Rao Vajandla
|Assets/Properties||Bank Deposits: Rs. 37 Lakh
Bonds/Debentures: Rs. 5.3 Lakh
Vehicles: Worth Rs. 11 Lakh
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 2.2 Crore (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Poonam Mahajan
- Does Poonam Mahajan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Poonam Mahajan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born in Mumbai to the former BJP politician- Pramod Mahajan.
- During her childhood, she used to be a shy girl.
- She studied in the United States along with her brother, Rahul Mahajan.
- She has a residence in the United Kingdom.
- Her father was murdered in 2006 by his brother.
- After her father’s demise, she joined the BJP in 2006.
- She came into the public eye in 2006, when she organized a musical concert of Pakistani Ghazal singer Ghulam Ali (her father’s favorite singer).
- Late Gopinath Munde (Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra) is her uncle.
- She won the Lok Sabha seat from Mumbai North Central in 2014 by a huge margin of 1.86 lakh votes against Priya Dutt (two-time MP of Congress).