Some Lesser Known Facts About Prashant Kishor
- Kishor received his early education from Bihar then later, moved to Hyderabad to pursue engineering.
- In 2013, just before the general elections of 2014, Prashant founded ‘Citizens for Accountable Governance‘ (CAG) which became India’s first political action committee.
- He has worked for Narendra Modi during 2014 general elections.
- Prashant is said to be behind Narendra Modi’s marketing & advertising campaign such as 3D rallies, the Chai pe Charcha discussions, Manthan, Run for Unity, and social media programmes.
- Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay (author of the book, Narendra Modi: The Man, The Times’) claimed that Prashant played a vital role in Modi’s team in making of the strategies and campaigns for months before 2014 general elections.
- His association with Narendra Modi ended when his demand of turning CAG into I-PAC (Indian Political Action Committee) was refused by the BJP.
- In 2015, Prashant along with other CAG members regrouped and worked with Nitish Kumar, consequently, Nitish won a 3rd term as the Chief Minister of Bihar in Assembly Elections.
- Prashant steered the ‘Bihar Vikas Mission‘ dispatched by the Government of Bihar in 2016, for the development of the state and to draft five-year programmes of good governance.
- In 2017, Kishor was credited by some with the win of Congress candidate from Punjab, Captain Amarinder Singh in the Punjab Assembly Elections.
- In 2016, Prashant was brought on board by the Indian National Congress for the 2017 UP Elections, in which Congress failed miserably after being able to grab just 7 seats whereas, BJP won by 300 seats.
- On 16 September 2018, he joined the Janata Dal (United) political party.
- Apart from being a political strategist and a politician, he is also a Public Health Expert by training and had also worked for the United Nations for 8 years.
- He has also launched an online platform, ‘National Agenda Forum‘ through which people can make their leader win 2019 general election.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography