Wife: Jahnavi Das
Hometown: Buxar, Bihar
Age: 41 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prashant Kishor
- Kishor was born into a middle-class family in Buxar, Bihar.
- Kishor received his primary education from Bihar and then moved to Hyderabad to pursue engineering.
- In 2013, just before the general elections of 2014, Prashant founded ‘Citizens for Accountable Governance‘ (CAG) which became India’s first political action committee.
- He has worked for Narendra Modi during the 2014 general elections.
- Prashant is said to be behind Narendra Modi’s marketing & advertising campaigns such as 3D rallies, the Chai pe Charcha discussions, Manthan, Run for Unity, and social media programmes.
- Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay (author of the book, Narendra Modi: The Man, The Times’) claimed that Prashant played a vital role in Modi’s team in making of the strategies and campaigns months before 2014 general elections.
- His association with Narendra Modi ended when his demand for turning CAG into I-PAC (Indian Political Action Committee) was refused by the BJP.
- In 2015, Prashant along with other CAG members regrouped and worked with Nitish Kumar, consequently, Nitish won a 3rd term as the Chief Minister of Bihar in Assembly Elections.
- Prashant steered the ‘Bihar Vikas Mission’ dispatched by the Government of Bihar in 2016, for the development of the state and to draft five-year programmes of good governance.
- In 2016, Prashant was brought on board by the Indian National Congress for the 2017 UP Elections, in which Congress failed miserably after being able to grab just 7 seats whereas, BJP won by 300 seats.
- On 16 September 2018, he joined the Janata Dal (United) political party.
- Apart from being a political strategist and a politician, he is also a Public Health Expert and has worked for the United Nations for 8 years.