Wife: Jahnavi Das
Age: 41 Years
Hometown: Buxar, Bihar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prashant Kishor
- Kishor was born into a middle-class family in Buxar, Bihar.
- Kishor received his primary education from Bihar and then moved to Hyderabad to pursue engineering.
- In 2013, just before the general elections of 2014, Prashant founded ‘Citizens for Accountable Governance‘ (CAG) which became India’s first political action committee.
- He has worked for Narendra Modi during the 2014 general elections.
- Prashant is said to be behind Narendra Modi’s marketing & advertising campaigns such as 3D rallies, the Chai pe Charcha discussions, Manthan, Run for Unity, and social media programmes. He is also said to be the person behind the election campaign of many other political parties including the Aama Aadmi Party (AAP) during the 2002 Delhi Assembly Elections.
- Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay (author of the book, Narendra Modi: The Man, The Times’) claimed that Prashant played a vital role in Modi’s team in making of the strategies and campaigns months before 2014 general elections.
- His association with Narendra Modi ended when his demand for turning CAG into I-PAC (Indian Political Action Committee) was refused by the BJP.
- In 2015, Prashant along with other CAG members regrouped and worked with Nitish Kumar, consequently, Nitish won a 3rd term as the Chief Minister of Bihar in Assembly Elections.
- Prashant steered the ‘Bihar Vikas Mission’ dispatched by the Government of Bihar in 2016, for the development of the state and to draft five-year programmes of good governance.
- In 2016, Prashant was brought on board by the Indian National Congress for the 2017 UP Elections, in which Congress failed miserably after being able to grab just 7 seats whereas, BJP won by 300 seats.
- On 16 September 2018, he joined the Janata Dal (United) political party.
- Apart from being a political strategist and a politician, he is also a Public Health Expert and has worked for the United Nations for 8 years.