|Famous For||Being the Wife of Virbhadra Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||• In 2004 Indian general elections, she became a member of the 14th Lok Sabha, after defeating BJP contender, Maheshwar Singh.
• In 2013 elections, she again elected for the same and won.
|Date of Birth||16 July 1956|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||Loreto Convent Tara Hall, Shimla|
|College||Govt. College for Women, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Address||Holly Lodge, Jakhu,
Shimla - 171 001(Himachal Pradesh)
|Hobbies||Reading, Gardening, Social Work|
|Controversies||• In 2013, she was involved in a controversy for giving incorrect information regarding election expenditure.
• In 2016, The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed a charge sheet against Pratibha Singh and her husband, Virbhadra Singh, in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 November 1985|
|Husband/Spouse||Virbhadra Singh (Politician)
|Children||Son- Vikramaditya Singh (Politician)
Daughter- Aparajita Singh
|Parents||Father- Late Hitendra Sen
Mother- Late Shanta Devi
|Cars Collection||Toyota, No-HP26A0005, Innova, No-HP29A0005|
• Cash- ₹1.5 Lakh
• Deposits in Banks & Non-Banking Companies- ₹10 Crore
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies- ₹2 Lakh
• LIC or other Insurance Policies- ₹5 Crore
• Jewellery- ₹97 Lakh
• Agricultural Land worth ₹85 Lakh
• Non Agricultural Land worth ₹18.5 Crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹36 Crore (as of 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pratibha Singh
- She is the second wife of Virbhadra Singh; who is the longest-serving (6 times) Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
- She was always interested in social work. After getting married to Virbhadra Singh, she entered the political world to serve the country.
- In 2004, she elected for the first time in the Indian general elections and gained a seat in the Indian Parliament.
- She has been the vice-chairperson of H.P. State Red Cross Society from 1985 to 1990, 1994 to 1998, and in 2003.
- She has been a part of many sports promotion events, especially in rural areas.
- She is associated with several organizations for orphan children and destitute women. She also runs creches.
- She has been a member of State Women Empowerment Board since 2003; State Planning Board since 2003; and Central Advisory Education Board since 2004.
- Her son, Vikramaditya Singh, has served as the President of HP State Youth Congress.