Age: 27 Years
Education: IIT Delhi
|Famous For||Securing the 3rd rank in the UPSC Examination 2019|
|Date of Birth||Year: 1993|
|Age (as in 2020)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Manpur in Sarpatha Thana, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Village Manpur, Sarpatha Thana, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|High School||• Raj Saraswati Bal Vidya Mandir, Sultanpur (2008-batch) (High School)
• Kamla Nehru Institute of Child Education, Sultanpur (2010-batch) (Intermediate)
|College/University||IIT Delhi (B.Tech. in Engineering Physics) (2010-2014)|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech. in Engineering Physics (IIT Delhi)|
|Caste||Yadav Shubhra Ranjan IAS|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sudhansh Verma (Teacher)
Mother- Usha Verma (Teacher)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Sudhir Verma (Engineer) & Abhishek Verma (Engineering Student)
Sister- Priyanka Verma (Medical Student)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pratibha Verma
- Pratibha Verma is an Indian civil servant who scored the third rank in the UPSC CSE 2019.
- Pratibha belongs to a middle-class family; her caste falls under the category of Other Backward Class (OBC). cseplus.nic.in
- Pratibha topped the 2008 UP Board High School examination for 10th class; she got the third rank in the state.
- She was also a topper in the 12th board examination of CBSE board.
- While studying engineering at the IIT Delhi, she worked as a volunteer for an NGO “Vidya” working for the education, empowerment and transformation of less privileged children, youth and women through micro-level intervention. LinkedIn
- From 2010 to 2012, she was also part of the National Service Scheme (NSS); a central government program aimed towards inculcating social welfare in students and to provide service to society.
- During her college, she used to participate in various extracurricular activities, such as dance and dramatics, stage play and street play, movie making, quizzing and debating and many more. LinkedIn
- After her graduation, she worked at Vodafone India as Assistant Manager of IT from June 2015 to March 2016, thereafter; she was promoted to Deputy Manager of IT and worked at the position for 3 months before quitting in July 2016.
- In August 2019, she joined Indian Forest Service (IFoS) as a Forest Officer (Probationer) and worked till December 2019.
- In December 2019, she started serving in Indian Revenue Service (IRS) as an Income Tax Officer on probation. She quit from the post in August 2020, after clearing the UPSC CSE 2019.
- Here is an interesting video about the biography of Pratibha Verma:
References/Sources: [ + ]