|Other name||Posh Spice The Times of India|
|Profession||Actress, Poet, Storyteller|
|Famous for||Poetic works such as "Mujhe Pyaar Nahin, Ishq Chahiye" and “2019 Mein 1999"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 5"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 Kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-35|
|Debut||Reality Show: Big Brother Season 11 (2014)
Host: Gangster ki Girlfriend (2016) on ABP News
TV: Savitri Devi College & Hospital (2017) as Keerti Fernandes on Colors TV
Short Film: Sheer Qorma (2021) as Susan
Web Series: Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein (2022) as Shefali on Netflix
|Awards||2022: Outstanding Contribution to Indian Literature Award at the Iconic Achievers Awards
2023: Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role Award at the Yellowstone Int Film Festival for her performance in the short film Sheer Qorma
|Date of Birth||9 January 1989 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Neshvilla Road, Dehradun, India|
|Hometown||Neshvilla Road, Dehradun, India|
|School(s)||• Carman School, Dehradun
• Convent of Jesus & Mary High School, Dehradun
|College/University(s)||• Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University
• University of South Australia, Australia
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in English Honors
• Master's degree in Teaching (middle and secondary)
• Master's degree in Applied Linguistics
• Master's in Education
|Tattoo(s)||• A phoenix tattoo on her chest
• A tattoo of a dog's paw with the word "Karma" written in the Hindi language on her right wrist
• The tattoo with the words “Deep Rooted” on her neck
• A lotus tattoo inked on her upper back
• 'Freedom' inked on her left shoulder
• A symbol of 'Om' inked on her right shoulder
|Controversy||Accused Rishabh Sinha of sexual molestation
Priya Malik, a contestant in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Season 9, accused her fellow contestant Rishabh Sinha of sexually assaulting her on the show. While performing a task at the house, Rishabh licked Priya’s fingers to interfere and obstruct her from performing the task well. Consequently, Priya lost her cool and criticized him for molesting her onscreen. India.com
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Bhushan Malik
• Karan Bakshi (a Delhi-based entrepreneur)
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage- 13 April 2008
• Second Marriage- 9 October 2022
|Husband/Spouse||• First Husband- Bhushan Malik (an Australian citizen) (m. 2008; div. 2018)
• Second Husband- Karan Bakshi (m. 2022 - present)
|Parents||Father- Muktesh Handa
Mother- Shubhra Handa
|Siblings||Brother- Name not known
Sister- Neha Malik
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priya Malik
- Priya Malik is an NRI actress, poet, and storyteller who is known for participating in the reality show Big Brother Australia Season 11 (2014) and the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Season 9 (2015).
- During her school days, Priya actively took part in elocution competitions and debate competitions.
- After dating for a long time, at the age of 21, Priya got married to Bhushan Malik, an Australian citizen in 2008.
- Before moving to Australia, Priya worked as a call centre agent, quality analyst, tutor, and trainer in India.
- In 2008, Priya shifted to Australia on a student visa to pursue her master’s degree. Initially, she worked as an appointment setter in Australia. Later, Priya became a high school teacher at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart (OLSH) College in Adelaide, Australia.
- Priya was a finalist from South Australia for the Australian Poetry Slam in September 2013.
- Priya is also a well-known stand-up comedian in Australia and she performed with a few comedy clubs like Adelaide Comedy, Cranker Comedy, Comedy at Gov, SA Comedy, and A Mic in Hand Comedy.
- Priya has a pet cat, Gundi Kaur, and she often shares her pet’s pictures on social media.
- In 2014, Priya participated in the 11th season of the reality show Big Brother Australia through a new method in which people nominated their friends for the show without their knowledge; Priya remained unaware of who had nominated her for the show. Despite being one of the top performers of “Big Brother Season 11,” she was evicted in the last week of the season. During her stint in the house, Priya and the other housemates were given a task to remain inside a parked car for as long as possible. While performing the task, Priya urinated inside the car in the presence of other contestants; consequently, she was named ‘Posh Spice’ for showing aggressive behaviour in the show.
- In 2014, Priya shifted to India from Australia and participated as a contestant in the Indian reality show Big Boss Season 9 (2015) on Colors TV. After being evicted once, she came back as a wild card contestant, and she later got evicted in the show’s finale week.
- Priya, being a social activist, has participated in a few social awareness initiatives like ‘Free the Nipple’ and the removal of the tax on sanitary napkins.
- In 2017, Priya Malik acted in a women-centric theatre play ‘Selfie’ in which she played the role of a popular small-screen actress, Sonya Kapoor; the two-hour-long play, which was directed by actress Tannaz Irani, was staged at the Kala Mandir Auditorium in Kolkatta.
- In 2018, Priya and Bhushan parted ways and got legally separated after 10 years of marriage; the reason for their divorce was that Priya wanted to stay in India, while Bhushan refused to leave Australia. In an interview, Priya talked about the reasons behind taking a divorce from Bhushan and said,
I think it’s very important to be completely committed and responsible in that space. And the long distance for 2 years (from 2016 to 2018), I realised agar mai yaha rahungi and wo waha rahenge, it’s not going to be a marriage anymore. So that is what prompted my decision. And then he also agreed.
- In July 2018, Priya Malik appeared at a TEDx event at Symbiosis International University, Viman Nagar, Pune.
Tedx-ing. Video out soon. pic.twitter.com/PxWFKZvIbS
— Priya Malik (@PriyaSometimes) January 27, 2018
- In an interview, on being asked about her favourite poets, Priya stated that Gulzar and Amrita Pritam were one of his favourites.
- Priya has been featured on India’s various spoken word poetry platforms on YouTube like Kommune India, UnErase Poetry, Spill Poetry, and Tape A Tale. Some of her famous poetic works include “Mujhe Pyaar Nahin, Ishq Chahiye,” “Right To Pleasure,” “Broken But Beautiful,” and “2019 Mein 1999.” In an interview, upon being asked how she got inclined towards poetry, Priya replied,
I have always been a performer…I used to recite poetry standing on top of coffee and dining tables, and my teachers picked up on that. The first time I was behind the microphone, I was nine years old. I then started writing my own poems, and I eventually realised that I could recite them too. I never looked at it as a profession, and I think that’s why it became exactly that.”
- Priya Malik has appeared in a few advertisements for popular brands like Olx and Imperial Blue.
- After getting divorced from her first husband Bhushan, Priya, on 28 October 2019, got engaged to Karan Bakshi, a Delhi-based entrepreneur in Chhatarpur Gurdwara, New Delhi.
- In 2019, Priya presented her poetic work titled “Dear Mister Player” in which she criticized the Indian cricketers Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul for their controversial comments on objectifying women in the chat show Koffee with Karan Season 6, Unerased Poetry-Youtube
- In 2019, Priya acted in the StarPlus show ‘Nazar’ in which she played the role of Dukaayan.
The same year, she hosted the show ‘Uncensored News With Priya Malik’ on TV9 Bharatvarsh in which she presented different political and social issues in a poetic format.
- In May 2020, Priya launched an online workshop on poetry titled ‘Priya Ki Pathshaala.’
- Priya Malik occasionally enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages with friends at various events and parties.
- In 2022, she acted in the short film Jeena Abhi Baki hai, presented and produced by the Indian director Imtiaz Ali.
- In May 2022, Priya Malik received appreciation for her poetic work after she was featured in the World Business Review Corporation UK Ltd’s 45 under 45 India list.
- Priya has appeared on the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine.