Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Musician
Age: 30 Years
Hometown: Dhoolpet, Hyderabad
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, and Musician|
|Famous For||His Hyderabadi folk song Magajaathi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||Film: College Bulloda song in the Telugu movie Josh (2009)
Album: Dhammu (2012)
|Award||In January 2023, he won Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song for the track “Naatu Naatu" from the Telugu film RRR (2022) at the 80th Golden Globes along with composer MM Keeravani and singer Kaala Bhairava. The Indian Express
|Date of Birth||22 August 1989 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2022)||33 Years|
|School||Loyola High School, Hyderabad|
|College/University||Narayana Junior College, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Undergraduate from the Narayana Junior College, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Playing Video Games, Watching Movies, and Travelling|
|Controversies||• On 27 July 2018, Rahul was caught by the police for drinking and driving in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. His car was seized by the police, and he was told to appear for counselling; as he resisted giving his license and vehicle registration papers to the police.
• On 3 April 2022, he was taken into custody after police raided a rave party. India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Rathika Rose (actor, model; ex-girlfriend)
Note: According to Rathika, it was during the making of the music video 'Hey Pilla' that she started dating Rahul; however, a few years later, they got separated.
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Nikill Kiran (Younger)
Sister- Shivapriya Akul (Younger)
|Food||Appam & Egg Curry|
|Colour(s)||Black, Royal Blue|
|Car Collection||Maruti Suzuki Swift|
|Bike Collection||2019 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350-X
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Sipligunj
- Rahul Sipligunj is a Telugu singer, songwriter, and musician. He shot to fame due to his Hydrabadi folk song. In 2019, he participated and won the popular reality TV show Bigg Boss Telugu (Season 3), which is hosted by Akkineni Nagarjuna.
- Rahul was interested in singing since his childhood and used to practice on his own.
- He trained himself for many years. His father discovered his talent for singing when he found him singing songs and playing music with the kitchen utensils. He sent him to Pandit Vitthal Rao to get trained professionally.
- He started his career by recording songs on his own and publishing them on YouTube.
- He gained a lot of popularity from YouTube, which encouraged him to record songs professionally in a recording studio.
- He used to get a lot of offers for stage shows and foreign tours. He admits that he could have made a lot of money by doing those shows, but, he did not accept them as he wanted to focus on being a good musician first.
- Although his first song as a playback singer was for the Telugu movie “Speedunnodu”, the movie “Josh” released much earlier. Hence, “Josh” became his debut movie as a playback singer.
- He has also sung a Spanish part in his song “Melikalu”, from the 2012 Telugu movie “Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu”.
- In 2013, he produced his first music video, “Hey Pilla”. The song was a hit, and he has made more than 20 music videos since then.
- His most famous song is Maakikirkiri, which got 16 million views on YouTube.
- His father owns a hair salon, and he often helps his father in his shop.
- In 2019, Rahul participated in the popular reality TV show, Bigg Boss Telugu (Season 3).
- On 3 November 2019, he was announced as the winner of Bigg Boss Telugu (Season 3).
- In 2022, he sang the song Naatu Naattu in the movie ‘RRR’ in Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi languages. This song gained a lot of popularity after the release.