Age: 25 Years
Height: 6' 2''
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gur Sidhu
- Gur Sidhu is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and record producer who is popularly known for his Punjabi songs. Sidhu has collaborated with various Punjabi artists for albums and single tracks.
- He moved to Canada at the age of 19 where he worked at a plastic factory for an initial couple of days.
- Sidhu’s grandfather, Harnek Singh, a government Punjabi teacher who was into music, motivated him to make a career in the music industry.
- While he was a student, he used to be a part of the school choir wherein he used to play the harmonium.
- Sidhu wants to collaborate with popular artists DJ Snake, Drake, and J Balvin.
- In an interview, Gur Sidhu said had he not become a singer, he would be a video maker.
- Sidhu doesn’t know how to swim, which is why he considers deep waters his biggest fear.
- His debut song Sarkaare, which was written by Amrit Ghudda, was based on a political message.
- Gur Sidhu got his breakthrough with a song titled Bro Oye, which came out in 2019.
- Nav Sandhu launched Gur Sidhu into the music industry 0n 8 May 2019 through a song titled 8 Parche, which was in collaboration with singer Baani Sandhu.
- In 2019, he released several Punjabi songs including Pyar Bolda, Baapu, and Gal Dil Di.
- He collaborated with Gurlej Akhtar on the song Vaddi Galbaat (2021). The song has crossed 40 million views on YouTube.
- Sidhu’s debut album, Nothing Like Before (2021), consists of 14 Punjabi songs including Ashke Ashke, Parche, Taara Tuttya, Mitho, Cherry Cheeks, and Goli.
- In 2022, he collaborated with Jasmine Sandlas on the song Bamb Aagya. The song was a hit and got featured on the UK Asian Music Chart while appearing on Youtube’s Weekly Charts.
- Sidhu has worked as a featured artist and music producer for many Punjabi songs including Khrey Khrey Jatt (2019), Bell Bottom (2020), Above All (2021), Theth Punjaban (2022), and California Love (2023).
- Sidhu’s songs have been featured in Punjabi web series including Yaar Jigree Kasooti Degree (2018) and Yaar Chale Bahar (2022).
- Additionally, his song Challa on which he collaborated with Harpi Gill, was featured in the film Ardab Mutiyaran (2019). He lent his voice to the song Bang Bang (in collaboration with Jassa Dhillon) from the film Shareek 2 (2022).
- Gur Sidhu has also written and composed songs for various Punjabi artists including Sidhu Moose Wala, Amrit Maan, and R. Nait.
- Gur Sidhu produced music for the Punjabi albums Majestic Laane (2022), Love War (EP) (2022), The Boss Lady (2022), and Anyway (2023).
- Not only albums, but Gur Sidhu has also produced several singles including Jassa Dhillon‘s Jhanjar (2019), Baani Sandhu‘s Punjaban (2019), Ranjit Bawa‘s Chote Chote Ghar (2020), Bohemia‘s Eddan Ni (2020), and Gulab Sidhu’s Ailaan (2022).