|Full name||Kaala Bhairava Marakathamani
|Profession(s)||Singer, Music Director and Actor|
|Known for||Singing the song 'Oka Praanam' for the movie 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' in 2017|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 43 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Debut||Film (child actor): Yamadonga (2007)
Playback singer: Gjijigadu for the Telugu movie Rajanna (2011)
Music Composer: Telugu Web series 'Nanna Koochi' (2018)
|Award||In 2018, he won the Best Male Playback Singer (Telugu) at 7th SIIMA for the song 'Dandalayya' from the movie Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.
|Date of Birth||7 August|
|School||Sherwood Public School, Telangana|
|College/University||St. Mary's College, Yousufguda, Hyderabad|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- M. M. Keeravani (music composer)
Mother- M. M. Srivalli (line producer)
|Siblings||Brother- Sri Simha Koduri (actor)|
|Paternal Uncle||S. S. Rajamouli (director)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kaala Bhairava
- Kaala Bhairava is an Indian singer, music director, and actor who is known for predominantly working in Telugu cinema. He is best known for singing the song ‘Oka Praanam’ for the movie ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ in 2017.
- Kaala has lent his voice to many songs in various languages including Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, and Telugu.
- He has sung various Hindi songs including “Sapnon Ki Ek Duniya Hai” from the film Makkhi (2012), Khoya Hain (2015) from the film Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), and “Dosti” from the film RRR (2021).
- He has sung various Telugu songs including Hey Kanipettey (2013), Neetho Aithe (2016), Oo Kala (2018), Naalo Neeku (2019), and Namah Shivaya (2021).
- He has recorded many songs in the Tamil language as well. Some of them are Mella Mella Kalavu (2015), Oru Yaagam (2017), Natpu (2021), and Komuram Beemano (2021).
- He has sung various Kannada songs including Brotheru Brotheru (2018), Shivanandi (2019), Dosti (2021), and Komuram Bheemudho (2021).
- He has worked as a music composer in the films Mathu Vadalara (2019), Colour Photo (2020), Aakashavaani (2021), Karthikeya 2 (2022), and Mukhachitram (2022).
- In 2018, the lyrical video ‘Peniviti,’ sung by Kaala, received more than two million views in less than twenty-four hours since its release. On the success of the song, Kaala took to social media and wrote,
Overwhelmed with the response #Peniviti is getting. Thank you all for the love. All your praises are major boosters for me. This song is lit MAINLY because of the sheer brilliance of @MusicThaman Brother and the heart touching, emotion-driven lyrics by @ramjowrites Sir.”
- In 2019, he debuted as a music composer with the film Mathu Vadalara in which there were no songs, but he provided the background music for the film. In an interview, he talked about how he felt working in a movie that had no songs, he said,
I didn’t think of anything about it. When I actually heard the story, I felt that this film doesn’t need songs. That is why I didn’t have any feelings. No matter how good a song is, it doesn’t suit the story.”
- In 2019, he released his Telugu music singles Jaamu Raathiri Rekindled and Virise Virise.
- In 2020, Kaala donated plasma along with his father to help the people who were suffering from COVID-19.
- Kaala’s father is a renowned music composer. In an interview, when he was asked how his father supported him throughout his singing journey, he said,
He allowed me to do what I wanted in life. I do not take much of his help and go to him when I get confused. He too does not pamper and praise us. Being such a legend, he has only allowed us to grow and has given his inputs when needed.”
- He is often featured in various newspapers.