Husband: Ravi Chopra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Renu Chopra
- Renu Chopra’s family knew Ravi Chopra’s family for a long time. They both were together for more than a year but Ravi always wished to do something big before settling down with her. He directed Zameer (starring Amitabh Bachhan, Saira Banu) and then he got married to Renu on 18 November 1975.
- B.R. Chopra was the father of Ravi Chopra and they both worked together on several movies. The women of Chopra household were encouraged to come to sets to be a part of the shootings to understand the functioning of the production house, B.R. Films.
- The B.R. Catering unit was the on-set food providers for the whole crew and they were known for their homely Punjabi food. Renu would often stay on set to have lunch with Ravi Chopra.
- Renu Chopra and her family got hit by a financial crisis and she decided to sell off the BR Films library to a certain person for few crores. However, the deal fell through as the person involved further sold the deal for thrice the price that he was paying. Renu decided to give the money back and canceled the deal for several reasons. Filmfare
- Renu Chopra worked along with her sons, Abhay and Kapil Chopra in producing several movies like Bhoothnath Returns (2014), Ittefaq (2017), Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017), and Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019).
- On 27 September 2020, Renu Chopra made an appearance on “The Kapil Sharma Show.”