Some Lesser Known Facts About Ritu Beri
- Ritu Beri is a well-known name in the international fashion designing world.
- She wanted to be a doctor in her childhood, but later on, she changed her mind and decided to something unique, interesting, and creative.
- After completing her graduation in Commerce (Hons.), she joined NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology), New Delhi in 1987. She was amongst the first batch of National Institute of Fashion Technology of 25 students; selected from the list of a large number of applicants all across the country.
- She began her career by designing clothes for her family, friends, and relatives.
- She took her first big step towards her bright designing future in December 1990 by launching her own label “Lavanya.”
- She built RBFF (Ritu Beri Fashion Fraternity) in 1977; just to support young designers looking to launch their own brands in the market.
- In the same year, she was featured in PROMOSTYL’s Acuastyl (a magazine that forecasts fashion trends worldwide) and became the First Indian Designer to do so.
- In 1998, she again became the first Indian Designer to present a successful Couture show in Paris. In this show, she launched her first Luxe Collection.
- Although she had launched her fashion label in 1990, the actual journey of her bright career started in 2000; after heading a French Fashion Brand “Jean Louis Scherrer.” She designed their pret-a-porter collection and became the first Asian Designer to do the same.
- In 2001, she again represented a LIVE Couture fashion event at Buddha Bar in Paris; which was covered by Fashion TV.
- In March 2003, she released the first book of her life titled “101 Ways to Look Your Best” along with Madhuri Dixit.
- In February 2006, she released her second book titled “Firefly: A Fairytale” along with Akshay Kumar. Akshay skipped the prestigious Filmfare Awards for this book launch event. The price of the book is ₹1 Lakh; one of the world’s most expensive books.
- Her other books are Style File, The Fire of A Restless Mind (2016), and The Designs of A Restless Mind (2016).
- She has designed the costumes for several famous Indian personalities like Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit, Preity Zinta, Shobha De, and Parmeshwar Godrej.
- Her notable international customers are Prince Charles, Nicole Kidman, former US President Bill Clinton, Supermodel Laetitia Casta, Hollywood actress Andy McDowell, famous Parisian Socialite Mrs. Lagerdere, and so on.
- She has also designed for ‘The Barbie;’ the most expensive doll.
- She has been a consultant for several international brands including Swarovski, Volvo, and Honda Motors.
- Her name was featured in the TIME magazine among the list of people to look out for in the international market.
- Ritu Beri’s name is included in the list of India’s top 5 female fashion designers.
- Except for being one of the renowned fashion designers, she is very compassionate towards animals. She has started a campaign named ‘Caring means Sharing;’ all the funds raised through this project are used for the animals’ care.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡