Saahil Sehgal Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Separated
Hometown: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Education: Bachelor Of Arts In Media & Communication
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 16 inches
|Debut||Film (Hollywood): Basmati Blues (2017)
|Birthplace||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh|
|College/University||Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Media & Communication (2005) Facebook|
|Controversy||Saahil's Hollywood debut film 'Basmati Blues' was met with a poor response from the audience and was heavily criticised for its stereotypical representation of Indians. In an interview, justifying his film, Saahil said, “The directors and the entire crew love the culture and history of India. Their intention was not to ridicule the culture. People have jumped the gun and reacted before watching the film.” The Hindu|
|Relationships & More|
Note: On 1 April 2021, Kirti Kulhari announced separation from her husband, Saahil Sehgal, on social media.
|Marriage Date||24 June 2016|
|Wife/Spouse||Kirti Kulhari (Actor; ex-wife)
|Parents||Father- Vinay Sehgal
Mother- Sangitaa Sehgall
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saahil Sehgal
- Saahil Sehgal is an Indian actor known for his performance in the 2017 Hollywood musical film Basmati Blues. In April 2021, he made headlines after separation from his wife Kirti Kulhari, who is a popular Bollywood actress.
- Saahil, post his graduation, shifted to Mumbai to pursue his lifelong dream of becoming an actor. In 2007, he won the talent hunt show ‘IIFA Star Ki Talaash.’
- The actor struggled for many years, only getting offered small-time roles in regional films and TV shows, before landing the role of William Patel in the 2017 American romantic comedy ‘Basmati Blues,’ opposite Oscar-winning actor Brie Larson. In an interview, talking about his journey, Sehgal said,
It has been a long-cherished dream. There were challenges, disappointments on the way. I took the small steps towards my goal. And finally, it is happening today.”
- The film took four years to complete. Saahil was selected for the auditions after he had a Skype interview with director Dan Baron. He was then asked to fly to Los Angeles within a week to do a screen test with Brie. While talking about his auditions in an interview, Saahil said,
At that point of time, my US Visa had just expired and I couldn’t get it renewed on time. It was a very frustrating moment for me. But I couldn’t do much about it. A few weeks later when I was in Kolkata shooting for an ad, I got a call from the casting director to come down to Mumbai as the film’s director was in the city and wanted me to re-audition.”
- Sehgal also had a minor role in the 2019 Amazon Prime web series ‘Four More Shots Please!’ His wife Kirti is one of the four protagonists, playing the role of Anjana Menon.
- Apart from movies and TV shows, Saahil has been featured in many advertisements.
- Saahil married Kirti Kulhari in June 2016, four months prior to the release of her film ‘Pink,’ a movie that put Kirti on the map as a critically acclaimed actor; four years later, the couple decided to part ways. On 1 April 2021, Kirti broke the news of her separation through an Instagram post.