Some Lesser Known Facts About Sam Mikulak
- Does Sam Mikulak smoke?:Not Known
- Does Sam Mikular drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sam has been the NCAA champion for seven times and was on the 2012 Summer Olympics US team.
- Sam enrolled in for gymnastics before he could form full sentences, when he was merely two years old.
- His parents competed in gymnastics when they were in University of California, Berkley.
- Mikulak competed for the team Michigan Wolverines men’s gymnastics of University of Michigan and won all-round event in 2011 NCAA team Men’s Gymnastics championship.
- He was chosen to be the assistance coach of the men’s team of the University of Michigan.
- He was recruited as an undergraduate assistant coach in the University of Michigan men’s gymnastics team in August 2014.
- For the 2012 Summer Olympics, Sam was taken onto the US team, despite the fact that he could not compete in five out of six events because he had sprained his ankle the first night of the trials.
- Sam Mikulak led the team to win their first gold medal in twenty years, at the Pan Pacfic Games and won an individual all-round gold medal too.
- He was unable to perform at the 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championship at Glasgow, Scotland because he was suffering with an injury.
- Mikulak has been honored with the Nissen-Emery award for his success in sports and other scholastic characteristics.
- Sam is a co-founder in a company that sells yerba mate, a tea-like natural energy drink. MatéBros. He formed the company with two of his gymnastics friends.
- He has a signature move to his name called “The Mikulak move”. He was the first person to successfully complete it in an international competition, it was officially named after him in the gymnastics Code of Points.
- Sam has an inclination towards meditation.
- Mikulak wanted to be an astronaut when he was a kid. It was only until he saw Apollo 13, that he got scared of death and changed his mind.
- After he had an ankle and Achilles tendon injuries, he could not go to the training center and shifted to his dad’s garage, where his dad set up rings, a parallel bar and pommel horse that Sam used as a kid.
- He has a crush on the imaginary character of Hermoine Granger. He said, “Hermoine Granger – Emma Watson – she is just a fox! That whole Harry Potter grind got me obsessed. I did some shout-outs and maybe she’ll see that when Olympic time comes around.”
- He collects all the cans that he drinks of the drink that his company sells.
- He says he has the ugliest broken little finger.
- Sam is spiritual and does yoga and meditation everyday.
- He likes outdoors and would anything related to beach with his friends in California and like to go for a hike in Colorado.
- Mikulak has two tattoos, out of which, one is the obvious Olympics rings and the second is a capital M which has a quote from Michigan Uni that says, “Those Who Stay Will Be Champions”.
- Sam trains five hours a day and eats a meal right after every workout. He eats five times a day, starting with eggs and veggies for breakfast and eats salad and fruit for lunch, Peanut butter and jelly for second lunch. For the first dinner, he eats whatever is served in the cafetaria and yogurt with dried fruits or cereal for second dinner.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)