|Other Name||Ajit Pal Singh Kohli My Neta|
|Known for||Winning the Patiala Assembly seat in Punjab on 10 March 2022 in the State Legislative Assembly Elections 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7½”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
|Political Journey||Before Ajitpal became a member of the Aam Aadmi Party in January 2022, he was working for the Shiromani Akali Dal. His family had seven decades of association with Shiromani Akali Dal as his father was senior vice-president of Akali Dal in 1997, and his grandfather, Sardara Singh Kohli was the MLA of SAD. In 2007, Ajitpal was elected as the Mayor of Patiala and served the post till 2012; he became the youngest mayor of Punjab at the age of 27.|
|Date of Birth||7 July 1978 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||43 Years|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala|
|College/University||• Punjabi University, Patiala
• St. Stephen's College, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Master of Political Science (2006) My Neta|
|Relationships & More|
• Aryaman Singh Kohli
• Aamer Ajit Singh Kohli
|Parents||Father- Surjit Singh Kohli (politician)
Mother- Ranjit Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Gurjeet Singh|
|Other Relatives||Grandfather- Sardara Singh Kohli (MLA of SAD)|
• Cash: Rs. 8,99,490
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 2,05,16,378
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs. 18,70,000
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 57,27,085
• Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 7,49,976
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,49,63,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 40,50,000
• Other assets, such as values of claims / interests: Rs. 4,56,69,776
Gross Total Value: Rs. 8,73,30,721 My Neta
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 30,00,000
• Non Agricultural Land: Rs. 4,55,00,000
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 17,30,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 2,00,00,000
Total Immovable Assets: Rs. 23,65,00,000 My Neta
|Net Worth (as of 2022)||Rs. 319,569,118 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajitpal Singh Kohli
- Ajitpal Singh Kohli is an Indian politician who is known for being a member of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) who is known for being a member of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and winning the Patiala Assembly seat.
- According to the Election Commission, in the State Legislative Assembly Elections 2022, Kohli received 48,104 votes, Captain Amarinder Singh received 28,231 votes, and SAD’s Harpal Juneja bagged 11,835 votes, and Congress’s Vishnu Sharma was able to secure only 9,871 votes.
- In 2012, to file his nominations in the Punjab 2012 assembly elections, he rode a cycle to Patiala.
- In 2019, Ajitpal met the deputy commissioner of Patiala and demanded the removal of the site that was illegally set up outside Government Rajindra Hospital in Patiala. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
The centre has illegally been allotted to the husband of one of the Congress councillors on behest of some influential people in the Patiala municipal corporation (MC). Even, the public works department (PWD) is hand-in-glove with the councillor in the matter.”
- Since his school and college days, he was interested in basketball, and he won the Basketball IPSC tournament as the captain of the YPS Patiala team.
- He joined politics at a young age as his family had a history in politics. His father was an MLA and a minister in Punjab, his grandfather was also an MLA and a minister in Punjab who was the Senior Vice President of the Shiromani Akali Dal. In 2020, Ajitpal was a founding member of the Young Progressive Sikh Forum which focuses on helping the underprivileged and empowering them. He was also an active member of the Rotary Club that helped communities of Patiala during the 2020 COVID-19 lockdown.
- In February 2022, when the voting process started in Punjab, Ajitpal claimed that there was no three-tier security system, and the security charge was given to local police. In an interview, he said,
There is poor lighting arrangement inside and outside the strong room, and no CCTV cameras have been installed at the spot.”
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
- He is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.