|Other Names||'Pad Woman’ of Amritsar The Quint|
|Famous for||Winning the Amritsar East Assembly seat in Punjab on 10 March 2022 in the State Legislative Assembly Elections 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2016-Present)
|Political Journey||• Jeevan joined the AAP in March 2016.
• In the 2017 vidhan sabha elections, she was the only female volunteer from the city to manage the entire MAJITHA campaign.
• Later, she was appointed as co-president state for women wing.
• During the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, she was the campaign coordinator.
• In 2022, she was the state spokesperson of AAP Punjab in Amritsar North Constituency.
|Date of Birth||20 August 1971 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||50 Years|
|College/University||• Government College, Amritsar
• Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Hisar
|Educational Qualification(s) Jeevan Jyot Kaur - Facebook||• She is a post-graduate in English Honors.
• She completed LLB from Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 September|
|Husband/Spouse||Manjinder Pal Singh Majithia (businessman)
|Children||Son- Harnoor Singh Majithia (advocate)
Daughter- Nimarta Kaur Majithia (doctor)
|Parents||Father- Surinderpal Singh (manager at Punjab & Sind Bank)
• Cash: Rs. 1,79,500
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 3,62,865
• Jewellery: Rs. 47,25,000
Gross Total Value: Rs. 52,67,365 My Neta
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 3,75,00,000
Total Immovable Assets: Rs. 3,75,00,000 My Neta
|Net Worth (as of 2022)||Rs. 38,587,019 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeevan Jyot Kaur
- Jeevan Jyot Kaur is an Indian politician who is known for winning the Amritsar East Assembly seat in Punjab on 10 March 2022 in the State Legislative Assembly Elections 2022.
- After completing her LLB, she served as the Chairperson of the Shri Hemkunt Education Society (S.H.E.), Amritsar which aimed at the welfare of poor and disadvantaged people in the community.
- Jeevan worked towards awareness related to menstrual hygiene and provided women with reusable sanitary napkins. In an interview, she said that she came up with this idea when she saw women living in slums using unhygienic and harmful methods during their menstrual days. She further added,
The ones which are available in markets are made of plastic which is hygienically dangerous in long run. I also have a team of doctors with me vouching for the same. Moreover, there is no commercial motive behind this step, it is just to ensure that women are adopting correct methods.”
- In 2013, she joined as a Managing Director at Kids Bulletin Pvt. Ltd, Amritsar.
- In February 2015, she became the President of the People’s Forum For Justice, Amritsar. In August 2015, she joined the ALL Ladies League and worked there as a Chapter Chair.
- In February 2020, for one month, she worked as a campaign coordinator for Raghav Chadha (Rajinder Nagar constituency).
- On 10 March 2022, she defeated political leaders like Punjab Congress President Navjot Singh Sidhu, Shiromani Akali Dal’s Bikram Singh Majithia, and BJP candidate Jagmohan Singh Raju in the State Legislative Assembly Elections 2022. According to the Election Commission of India (ECI), Kaur won 39,520 votes, Sidhu won 32,807 votes and Majithia got 25,112 votes. In an interview, she talked about her win and said,
After I met people following the announcement of my ticket on December 30, I got very positive feedback. People told me I might have come to them now, but that they had made up their mind to vote for AAP six months ago… They told me to go home, rest.”
- In 1995, she also worked in the EcoShe Menstrual Health Programme which focuses on a clean and healthy environment for women in Amritsar.
- She is often featured in various newspapers.