Wife: Neeru Kalsi
Age: 39 Years
|Other name||Daljit Singh Kalsi Hindustan Times|
|Birth name||Sarabjeet Singh Kalsi The Tribune|
|Nickname(s)||• Hero Daljeet Singh Kalsi - Facebook
• Jeet Daljeet Singh Kalsi - Facebook
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Date of Birth||9 August 1983 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|College/University||University of Delhi Daljeet Singh Kalsi - Facebook|
|Religion||Sikhism Harpreet Singh Devgun - Facebook|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Daljeet Singh Kalsi - Instagram|
|Tattoo(s)||• Left Hand: Sachi Ucchiya (as a tribute to the Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala)
• Left Hand: Nirbhau
• Right Hand: Nirvair
|Controversy||Waris De Punjab: When the Punjabi actor and social activist Sandeep Singh alias Deep Sidhu formed an organisation named Waris Punjab De (Heirs of Punjab) on 30 September 2021, Daljeet Singh Kalsi, who was close to Sidhu associated himself with the organisation. Kalsi actively worked for the organisation whose primary aim was to protect and fight for rights of Punjab and raise social issues. After Sidhu met with an accident and passed away, Amritpal Singh became the chief of Waris Punjab De. According to some sources, it was Kalsi who chalked out the plan for the appointment of Amritpal Singh as the Chief of Waris Punjab De. Since Amritpal's appointment as the Mukh Sevadar, Kalsi has been acting as his advisor and financer.
In February 2023, Kalsi was apparently a part of conspiracy that was hatched to vandalize the Ajnala police station. Many of Amritpal's associates reached the Ajnala Police Station armed with rifles, pistols, swords, and a variety of hand-held weapons to protest against the arrest of Amritpal’s aide Lovepreet Singh Toofan. Apparently, 6 policemen lost their lives during the clash. According to some media sources, was in continuous touch with Pakistan through its Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada. He was also seen submitting a memorandum against India to the Consulate General of Pakistan in Vancouver. He also has several links in Pakistan via Dubai. He was arrested by the Punjab police during the massive crackdown operation carried by the police to nab Amritpal in March 2023. Kalsi was detained under Section 3 (2) of the National Security Act. As per the investigating agencies, in the last two years, around Rs. 35 crores were credited in Daljeet's bank accounts from foreign countries. The agency also searched for his call details and kept around 12 Pakistani mobile numbers under scrutiny on which Kalsi made or received calls. Lokmat News
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Simarjeet (Sunny) Kalsi
Daughter(s)- Amanpreet Kalsi, Ruhani Kaur Kalsi
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- S Jaswant Kaur Kalsi
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Pritpal Kalsi, Satinder Kalsi, Jatinder Kalsi
Sister(s)- Roma Singh, Ramandeep Kaur
|Quote||“You hold the ultimate power to define who you will be.”|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Daljeet Singh Kalsi
- Daljeet Singh Kalsi is an Indoin actor, writer, and producer who works in the Punjabi film industry. He is said to be the advisor and financer of Amritpal Singh, a pro-Khalistan activist and head of Waris De Punjab (WPD). Some media reports suggest that Daljeet served as a link between Amritpal Singh and Pakistan. It is also believed that Kalsi actively supported Amritpal to spread his Khalistani ideology in Punjab, India. In March 2023, the Punjab police detained him under Section 3 (2) of the National Security Act.
- While he was in his teens, he desired to become a film director. After completing his formal education, Daljeet moved to Mumbai to pursue his career as a film director. However, he could not work on any assignment for a few years. He then returned to Delhi, where he started working at the airport. He worked there for around 4 years.
- When Daljeet Kalsi decided to set up his own business, he came in touch with Jackie Shroff who advised Kalsi to try his luck in films. Although he did not give much heed to Shroff’s advice at that time, he ended up working in the Punjabi entertainment industry as he was associated with the Punjabi singers Mika Singh and Yo Yo Honey Singh for a long time.
- Subsequently, he enrolled himself at the Barry John Acting Studio in Delhi to receive training in acting.
- In 2017, Daljeet Singh Kalsi worked as an actor and writer in the Punjabi film Sardar Saab.
- He has worked as a supporting actor in many Punjabi films.
- In 2018, Kalsi played the lead role of an honest cop in the Punjabi film Jagga Jiunda E.
- Later, he appeared in the Punjabi film Zeba: A True Story (2022).
- Kalsi has judged the reality TV show Mr. Punjab.
- In April 2020, during the Covid-19 lockdown in India, 31 Punjabi actors were featured in the motivational song Honsla Na Chaddi. Daljeet Singh Kalsi was one of them.
- Daljeet Singh is the director of the Punjabi entertainment firm All Time Movies Pvt. Ltd.
- He also holds a directorship in the Delhi-based firms Delport Business Xpress Private Limited and Delfra E-Commerce Solutions Private Limited.
- Daljeet Singh Kalsi is well-versed in three languages- English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
- He resides at West Punjabi Bagh, Delhi.
- An avid dog lover, Kalsi has two pet dogs, Jagga and Daku.
- A fitness enthusiast, Kalsi visits the gym regularly. Reportedly, he used to weigh 100 kg in his young years. He then worked hard for around 6 months to lose 35 kgs of weight and get into shape. Kalsi changed his diet and exercise schedule for it.
- Daljeet earlier consumed alcohol but later gave up on it to embrace a healthy lifestyle. Daljeet Singh Kalsi – Instagram
- In an interview, Daljeet Singh Kalsi revealed that once while he was working at a store in a mall in the Punjab region, his contract with the company had a clause that he was not allowed to speak in Punjabi during his service hours. While talking about the incident, Kalsi demanded strict action against such orders in Punjab.