Saqib Saleem Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Saqib Saleem Qureshi|
|Famous Role||Vishal Bhatt in the bollywood film 'Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge' (2011)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Debut||Hindi Film: Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge (2011) as 'Vishal Bhatt'
Web Series: Rangbaaz (2018) as Shiv Prakash Shukla on ZEE5
|Awards||He was nominated for Best Debut Male at the 57th Filmfare Awards for the movie 'Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge' (2011).|
|Date of Birth||8 April 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||35 Years|
|Hometown||Greater Kailash, New Delhi|
|Religion||Islam Hindustan Times|
|Hobbies||Dancing, travelling, writing|
|Controversies||• Me Too movement
In 2018, when the #MeToo movement was going on, many actresses opened up about their disturbing moments in life. Saleem also became one of the actors who came out with his disturbing moment. In an interview, he said,
"I don’t want to take names, but when I started out as an actor - I was only 21-years-old- there was a man who tried to assault me. He tried to put his hand in my pants." Hindustan Times
• Right to speak
In 2019, Saleem tweeted about the situation in Kashmir. Some of the twitter users asked Saleem to leave the country and go to Pakistan. On this, he tweeted,
"I am a proud Indian who loves his country. But if I feel like something’s amiss I will ask questions. If you got a problem with that then I am afraid it’s your problem to take care of. Some of you are hell bent on sending me to Pakistan. Please don’t worry about me I am fine where I am."
His sister Huma Qureshi also supported him and said that everyone has their own opinion. Hindustan Times
• Insiders v/s Outsiders
In 2020, Saleem talked about nepotism in an interview and said,
"What does a Varun Dhawan do if he is born in David Dhawan’s house. He should not act? Should he be like – ‘Oh no, I am born in David Dhawan’s family. I should not act because outsiders have to come and act.’ Why? If he is good, the audience will tell him and they have. Alia Bhatt is a good product of nepotism. She has great acting potential. I have seen her films, and I am like, ‘wow! what a good actor!" The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Swati Trivedi (Scriptwriter)
|Parents||Father- Saleem Qureshi (Restaurateur)
Mother- Ameena Qureshi (Homemaker)
• Naeem Qureshi
• Haseen Qureshi
Sister- Huma Qureshi (Actor)
|Actor(s)||Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar|
|Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone|
|Car Collection||• He owns a Ferrari.
• He owns a Jeep Wrangler.
Some lesser known facts about Saqib Saleem
- Saqib Saleem is an Indian actor, who predominantly works in Bollywood films. He gained popularity by appearing as Vishal Bhatt in the movie ‘Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge’ in 2011.
- He has appeared in other Bollywood films like Mere Dad Ki Maruti (2013), Bombay Talkies (2013), Hawaa Hawaai (2014), Dishoom (2016), and Race 3 (2018).
- In 2020, he was featured in the web series ‘Crackdown’ on Voot in which he played the role of a RAW agent.
- He was also seen in the movie ’83’ in 2021 alongside Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Hardy Sandhu, and Ammy Virk.
- Saleem is a member of the cricket group ‘Mumbai Heroes’ in the non-professional men’s cricket league in India titled ‘Celebrity Cricket League.’
- When he was pursuing his graduation, he helped his father in running Saleem’s Restaurant in Delhi. His father owns a restaurant named Saleem’s that has 10 branches all around Delhi. Saqib did not like working at the restaurant. He wanted to go to Mumbai, but his father wanted him to stay in Delhi and pursue a Master of Business Administration degree.
- He used to play cricket in Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir. He is a very big fan of cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. In an interview, he said,
I cut a cake on his birthday every year. In fact, I even remember distributing sweets in my colony when his daughter Sara was born.”
- He never thought of becoming an actor, but when he came to Mumbai, he started doing modelling and worked with various advertising brands like PepsiCo, Lays, Tata Docomo, Bar One, KFC, Airtel, Sprite and others. While he was modelling, he started gaining interest in acting. According to Saqib, he had to wait almost eight months to get his first film as an actor after he gave the audition for the film.
- In an interview, Saqib called himself an accidental actor as the first time he decided to become an actor was when he visited Mumbai to patch up with his girlfriend who had come to Mumbai to become an actor. In the interview, he elaborated that when his girlfriend came to Mumbai, he remained in Delhi, and the long-distance relationship created a difference between them. He further revealed that when he visited Mumbai to revive their relation, she again broke up with him after three months following which he decided to make his career in acting. Hindustan Times
- Since his college days, he was interested in poetry. Amid the nationwide lockdown in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, he wrote a poem. In an interview, he talked about his interest and said,
I have been jotting down notes and scribbling from college. So, I am writing down for a while but I think that the pandemic, more specifically lockdown, gave me time to be with myself and my notepad. That is how the writing process started again.”
- In an interview, when asked about the growing influence of OTT platforms, he said,
I don’t blame actors or anyone, but when we were only reliant on theatrical films, everything was determined by the first Friday of a film’s release. ‘How much the film is going to open at? Is my film commercial enough? Should I do this to make it pop out more?’ Somewhere in there, you forget that your basic job is to act.”
- In 2020, after the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, Sushant`s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty was arrested. Many people from the industry, came in support of her. Saqib also supported her and later, he was trolled for it. He shared a screenshot on Instagram in which some people were abusing him. In the interview, while supporting Rhea, he said,
I have lost faith in news channels as everyone has their own version about the case. They show point of view. The job of news channels is to report facts not to give a narrative to the audiences. I am upset. It is unfortunate that a young promising actor like Sushant is no more. No one knows what happened and the CBI, NCB, ED are investigating his death. We all want justice for Sushant and Rhea (Chakraborty, actor and Sushant’s girl friend).”
- He started a cricket academy for the underprivileged children in his hometown with the coach who used to train Saqib when he played cricket.
- While shooting for the film ’83’ in England, the cast of the film used to call him ‘Narad Muni.’ CNN-News18- YouTube
- In an interview, he gave advice to budding actors and said,
First and foremost, there should be clarity on why you are here in this industry. Do you want to act because you want to become a superstar or because you love doing it or both? It can be anything but one should be clear about that.”
- In an interview, Saqib talked about the anonymous social media users who take the advantage of their anonymity to troll and abuse celebrities and other people on various social media platforms. He said,
When you are behind a computer screen and your real identity is not there, all you do is abuse people. I am from Delhi and I want to say to all these people, ‘If you have the courage, abuse me to my face.’ These are the same people who will be the first ones to run to meet celebrities if they spot them. I feel we interpret freedom of expression in a very wrong manner. Freedom of expression doesn’t mean I can abuse people, it means I can share my point of view. You are allowed to share your point of view, I am open to any sort of criticism but don’t abuse my mother, sister.”
- He is often featured on the cover of various magazines and tabloids with his sister Huma Qureshi.
- He often posts pictures of his drinking habits on various social media platforms.
- Being a cricket fan, he has met cricketers M.S. Dhoni and Rahul Dravid.
- He is an avid dog lover, and often posts pictures of them on social media.
|↑4||The Indian Express|