|Famous Role||‘Indradev’ in the TV serial, ‘Mahabharat’ (1988); aired on DD National
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||8 September 1946 (Wednesday)|
|Age (at the time of death)||74 Years|
|Date of Death||10 April 2021|
|Place of Death||Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Death Cause||COVID-19 Complications The Indian Express|
|School||National High School in Srinagar|
|College/University||Film and Television Institute of India, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Divorced|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Helen, Actor (Rumoured)|
|Parents||Father- Mohan Lal Aima (Kashmiri music composer and singer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Sushma (Actor)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Satish Kaul
- Satish Kaul was a veteran Indian film and television actor.
- He got divorced from his wife after a few months of their marriage.
- The couple has a son, Rishabh who lives with his mother.
- He acted in many Hindi films, like ‘Dawat’ (1974), ‘Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha’ (1998), ‘Aunty No. 1’ (1998), ‘Zanjeer’ (1998), and ‘Ram Lakhan’ (1989).
- He appeared in a few TV serials, like ‘The Realization of Prince Anandsen,’ ‘The Love Story of Four Princes,’ ‘Love Is Eternal,’ and ‘Whom Will the Princess Marry?’ in 1988.
- Reportedly, he is considered the Amitabh Bachchan of Punjabi cinema. He acted in more than 100 Punjabi films, including ‘Dera Aashiqan Da’ (1979), ‘Mutiyaar’ (1979), ‘Sheran De Putt Sher’ (1990), ‘Saunh Menu Punjab Di’ (1991), ‘Fer Mamla Gadbad Gadbad’ (2013), and ‘Aazaadi: The Freedom’ (2015).
- Later, he had started an acting school in Ludhiana but due to financial losses, he shut down the school.
- In 2011, he won the PTC lifetime achievement award for his contribution to Punjabi cinema.
- In an interview, he talked about his poor financial condition, he said,
I never even dreamed that I would be fascinated in this way. Today, about 6 months ago, I fell in the bathroom after which I received multiple injuries besides hip injury and had to be hospitalized. I have been forced to stay in the hospital for a long time, because my house has been sold. Actually I opened a school in Ludhiana. I was very hurt in that. I had to sell the house. Nobody is going to take care of me, Because years ago I was divorced and my wife went abroad with my son. He says in a weak voice, ‘I want to request help from the industry. I do not have treatment money. Is not home I will be picked up and thrown from the hospital anytime. A minister came to meet me and he also promised help, but nothing happened next. People go with the promise of money, but no one comes back.”
- On his demise, in 2021, his sister gave the information to the media, she said,
He had fever for the last five-six days and wasn’t keeping well. So, on Thursday, we admitted him to Shri Rama Charitable Hospital here and then we learnt he had tested positive for coronavirus.”