Marital Status: Married
Education: Class 10
Hometown: Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Profession(s)||Lyricist, Music Composer, Singer, Poet|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: Garv: Pride & Honour (2004) for the songs “Hum Tumko Nigahon Mein” and “Fariyaad Kya Kare Ham”
|Awards||Mirchi Music Awards
• 2012: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Album of the Year for the Hindi film Bodyguard
• 2012: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Best Song of the Year for the Hindi film Bodyguard
• 2012: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Lyricist of the Year for the Hindi film Bodyguard for the song “Teri Meri”
• 2017: Won Mirchi Top 20 Award
• 2020: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Independent Music Category (Indies)
Zee Cine Awards
• 2019: Won Viewers’ Choice Award for Best Song of the Year for the song “Aankh Marey” from Hindi film Simmba; shared with Tanishk Bagchi
• 2019: Nominated for Viewers’ Choice Award Best Song of the Year “Dilbar” from the Hindi film Satyameva Jayate
• 2019: Nominated for Viewers’ Choice Award for Best Song of the Year for Love Will Take Over
• 2012: Nominated for International Indian Film Academy Award for the song “Teri Meri” from the Hindi film Bodyguard
• 2015: Nominated for Bollywood Hungama Surfers’ Choice Music Award for the song “Jumme Ki Raat” from the Hindi film Kick
|Date of Birth||9 March|
|Birthplace||Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Class 10 Hindustan Times Facebook - Shabbir Ahmed|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 May 2014
|Wife/Spouse||Shumaila Ahmed (YouTuber)
|Children||He has a son and two daughters. One of his daughters’ names is Sharia Ahmed.
|Parents||His father has passed away.|
|Siblings||He has an elder brother and a younger brother.|
|Music Director||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Yash|
|Quote||You will get success in life with the blessings of your parents|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shabbir Ahmed
- Shabbir Ahmed is an Indian lyricist, music composer, singer, and poet. He has worked as a lyricist in various Hindi films like ‘Bodyguard’ (2011), ‘Kick’ (2014), and the Hindi version of ‘K.G.F: Chapter 2’ (2022).
- During his younger years, Shabbir initially aspired to pursue a career in acting. However, his father steered him towards becoming a lyricist. The Times of India
- As he grew up, Shabbir started listening to the musical compositions of renowned Indian music composers such as Naushad, Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, and Madan Mohan.
- In an interview, Shabbir Ahmed shared that he faced various financial hardships during his childhood. His family’s meals often consisted of simple dishes like dal-chawal (lentils and rice) and sabzi (vegetables) only when guests visited their home.
- Shabbir Ahmed has worked as a lyricist in various Hindi films featuring Salman Khan. Some of these films include ‘Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar’ (2006; for the song “Deewane Dil Ko”), ‘Partner’ (2007; for the songs “Sonee De Nakhre,” “Duppatta Teraa,” and “You Are My Love”), ‘God Tussi Great Ho’ (2008; for the songs “Tujhe Aksa Beach Ghuma Du” and “O God Tussi Great Ho”), ‘Bodyguard’ (2011; for all songs alongside Neelesh Misra), ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ (2015; for the song “Aaj Ke Party”), and ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’ (2023; for the songs “Naiyo Lagda,” “Falling in Love,” “Bathukamma,” and “Yentamma”).
- Beyond his work with Salman Khan, Shabbir Ahmed has also served as a lyricist in several other Hindi films. These include ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ (2006; for six songs), ‘Kismat Konnection’ (2008; four songs), ‘Singham Returns’ (2014; one song), ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ (2016; one song), and ‘Simmba’ (2018; two songs).
- In addition to his lyrical work, Shabbir Ahmed has composed a few Hindi songs as well such as “Vande Mataram” and “Allah Hu Allah” from ‘Romeo Akbar Walter’ (2019) and “Junoon Hai” from ‘Khuda Haafiz 2’ (2022; co-composed with Ayaz Kohli).
- Shabbir Ahmed has also worked as a lyricist in various Hindi music albums such as ‘Saajna’ (2003; all songs), ‘Khwaishein’ (2008; for the songs “Khwaaishein” and “Aao Na, Aake Na Phir Jaao Na”), ‘Armaan’ (2014; for the song “Kyo”), and ‘Himesh Ke Dil Se’ (2021; for the songs “Piya Ji Ke Sanng, Mehendi Ka Ranngg” and “Terri Aashiqui Ne Maarraa”).
- In 2011, Shabbir Ahmed wrote the lyrics for the Hindi song “Khuda” from the music album ‘A Foreign Affair’ by the American jazz fusion band Spyro Gyra.
- His wife, Shumaila Ahmed has started her YouTube channel named Shahi Lazzat, where she shares her food recipes.
- In 2015, Shabbir Ahmed collaborated with Indian singer Kanika Kapoor to sing the Hindi songs “Super Girl From China” and “Teddy Bear.”
- Furthermore, he has appeared as one of the jury members in various seasons of the Zee TV reality singing show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.’
- During his free time, he enjoys reading books and listening to poetry written by notable Indian poets such as Sahir Ludhianvi, Gulzar, and Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- Shabbir Ahmed considers Indian actor Salman Khan as his godfather in Bollywood. In an interview, he expressed his gratitude towards Salman for giving him numerous opportunities. Shabbir has collaborated with Salman on multiple films, writing several songs for him, including “You’re my love,” “Aksa Beach,” “Soni de Nakhre,” and more. Shabbir mentioned that he deeply appreciates Salman’s support and assistance. He had faced struggles in the film industry for some time, and it was Salman who noticed him and helped him with his ideas.