|Real Name||Shitala Pandey|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Grey (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||24 February 1958|
|Age (as in 2017)||59 Years|
|Birth Place||Village Odaar, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Name Not Known (In Varanasi)|
|College/University||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Commerce from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|
|Debut||Film: Bekhabar (Hindi, 1983)
Album: Tera Chehra (Hindi, 2002)
|Family||Father- Anjaan aka Lalji Pandey (Lyricist)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||501, Woodland B, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053, Lokhandwala|
|Awards/Honours||1991: Filmfare Awards for Best Lyricist for the song, "Nazar Ke Saamne" – Aashiqui
1993: Filmfare Awards for Best Lyricist for the song, "Teri Umeed Tera Intezar Karte Hain" – Deewana
1994: Filmfare Awards for Best Lyricist for the song, "Ghungat Ke Aad Se" – Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke
1999: Zee Cine Awards for Best Lyricist for the song, "Tum Paas Aaye" – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
|Favourite Lyricist(s)||Sahilendra, Sahir Ludhianvi, Bashir Badr, Rahat Indori, Gulzar, Mazrooh Sultanpuri, Anand Bakshi|
|Favourite Leader(s)||Mahatma Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shashtri|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Paresh Rawal, Pankaj Kapur, Nawazuddin Siddiqui|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan, Anuradha Paudwal, Alka Yagnik|
|Favourite Song||"Chitthi Aayee Hai" by Anand Bakshi|
|Favourite Music Director||Nadeem-Shravan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Siddhesh Pandey
Daughters- Sanchita Pandey, Suchita Pandey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sameer
- Does Sameer smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sameer drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sameer was born as Shitala Pandey to veteran lyricist Anjaan (Lalji Pandey) in Varanasi.
- The popular song, “Khaike Paan Banaras Wala” (from Don) was written by his father.
- He received his schoolings from Varanasi and his college degree from BHU in Varanasi.
- His grandfather worked in a bank, and his father wanted him to pursue Commerce and become a Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Sameer started his career as a banker. However, he didn’t like the banking job. Soon, he quit the job and moved to Bombay (now Mumbai) in 1980.
- Films such as Aashiqui, Dil, Sajan, etc., established him as the undisputed champion of romantic songs.
- So far, Sameer has written more than 4000 songs (these are the songs, which were used in films; there are plenty of songs that haven’t been used in films)
- Sameer has entered the “Guinness Book of World Records” for penning the most number of songs in Bollywood (3,524 for 650 films). Apparently, there was no such category as the ‘Most Number of Songs Ever’ in the Guinness Book, but it was created to accommodate a new record.
- In an interview, he revealed that he had a girlfriend. When he became a successful lyricist, he went back to look for her and found that she was no more. Sameer says, “She is always with me in my songs. “
- Here’s a conversation with Sameer: