|• Guitarist (Lead Guitarist for Soch The Band)
• Song writer
• Music Producer
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Bollywood song Awari (from the movie 'Ek Villain')
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• Nominated for ‘Best Music Direction’ category at the 16th IIFA Awards
• Nominated at the Life Ok Screen Award (2015)
• Nominated for ‘Best Music Direction’ category at the Filmfare Awards (2015)
• Nominated at GIMA Awards (2015)
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2021)
|Non-Vegetarian The News International
|Not much is known about his parents.
|Not much is known about his siblings although he did mention in an interview that he is the eldest of them all and he loves taking care of them. The News International
|mother’s home-cooked chicken karahi
|• Adam Sandler
• Al Pacino
|• Catherine Zeta-Jones
• Julia Roberts
|Action and Adventure
|• AR Rahman
• RD Burman
• SD Burman
• Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan sahab
|The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rabi Ahmed
- Rabi Ahmed is a Pakistani musician, who is known for being the lead guitarist in the band Soch.
- He made his debut in Bollywood with the song Awari from the movie ‘Ek Villain’ in 2014. Times of India
- He along with his other band member Adnan Dhool, wrote, composed, and rendered the song. Times of India
- Not much is known about Rabi’s parents and family although he did mention in an interview that his parents are his two pillars. He also said that his mother is his best friend and his dad is his biggest morale-booster. The News International
- According to Rabi, he is an outdoor person and has always had an interest in music. He says his room used to be full of Music CDs, guitar tutorial books, and self-tutorial musical guides. He used to have posters of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page, and Santana on the walls of his room. The News International
- Rabi and his band partner Adnan started by playing their song Awari in the first season of the show, Nescafe Basement. The producer of the show Xulfi liked the song to such an extent that he sent the track to Mohit Suri, the director of Ek Villian who fell in love with the song. Ary News
- Mohit Suri then approached both the band members. Times of India Rabi narrated how it happened in an interview and said,
We were approached by the producers. Both the production house and Mohit Suri totally loved the song, so Adnan and I went through a series of discussions and brainstorming and revamped it to suit the requirements of Ek Villain”
- The song became very popular among the fans and earned them 4 nominations in the same year (2015) which included IIFA Awards, GIMA Awards, Filmfare Awards, and Life Ok Screen Awards. The Express Tribune
- Rabi Ahmed and his band member were the first to represent Pakistan at the 16th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Times of India Addressing the huge amount of appreciation for the song, Rabi said,
The response has been upbeat and we are overwhelmed. Awari is being lauded and applauded worldwide. We are so humbled by the appreciation and attention from people from all walks of life.”
- He also worked for the musical tracks of the Pakistani romantic film ‘Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai’ (2016). The film had seven songs in total out of which four have been written, composed and produced by Soch.
- He then went ahead with his band Soch to make various hit songs such as Tera Deewana (2021), Bol hu (2019), Dushman E Jaan (slow), etc. The band also stayed in the news for casting a transgender model in the music video of their song ‘Dholna’.
- Popular Indian singer, Sonu Nigam uploaded a video of him reacting to Rabi’s song Bol Hu.
- In response to this video, Rabi posted on his Instagram that they’ve grown up following him and listening to his songs and it is a dream come true for them. Instagram
- Rabi’s band collaborated with the Butt brothers and came forward with the song ‘Neray Neray Vas’, which is the 5th song of the Coke Studio’s 14th season. The song is an adaptation of a mellow song created by the Soch band in the mid-2000s. Xulfi and Action Zain at Coke Studio transformed the song into a catchy tune with a flamboyant vibe which gradually transitions into a bhangra-style track with the use of Harmonium, Tumbi, Matka and Chimtas thereby maintaining its Desi-Punjabi vibe.
- In an interview, Rabi says that they decided to transform the original mellow song into a peppy number because they wanted to break the typecast of being a Sufi band. He added,
Yes, pinning Soch to one particular category or type of music will be too harsh on us. Soch has its mellow, soulful romantic side, and at the same time Soch is bold, provoking and thoughtful too. We love every form of music, be it making music, doing your own thing or for someone else. We are incited by the art of music itself.”
- He also appeared in the 5th season of the show, Nescafe Basement and has more than 15 thousand monthly listeners on Spotify.
- Times of India In an interview, when asked about his favourite musician, he said,
AR Rahman is one musician whose versatility no one can come close to. Every note and composition he comes up with is so out-of-this-world.”
- Having a good-looking face, he is often asked about his acting prospects to which he replies that he has no interest in acting and is camera conscious.
- Times of India Addressing the scenario of the music industry of Pakistan, Rabi said in an interview,
Over the years, we have had people gradually coming up from the self-taught community of musicians. We initially had music being taught and the art of music being passed on only from generation to generation within the family. It is only recently that circumstances as well as the society has paved the way for self-taught musicians and talents like ourselves.”