Ali Sethi Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ali Sethi
- Does Ali Sethi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ali Sethi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father is a senior journalist and had served as the acting Chief Minister of Punjab, Pakistan, between March and June 2013. He is also the Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), and Pakistan Super League (PSL).
- Ali’s mother is a veteran journalist and Pakistani progressive commentator. She co-founded ‘The Friday Times,’ Pakistan’s first English language independent newsweekly.
- His sister, Mira Sethi is a journalist, actress, and model, and maternal aunt, Moni Mohsin, is a UK based writer.
- He had made his mind to be a singer while in the second year of college and thus brought himself a harmonium and started training under Ustad Naseeruddin Saami in 2008.
- In 2009, Ali authored a novel named ‘The Wish Maker.’ The book contains a story of the political history of Pakistan and the life of three generations of middle-class people living in the liberal enclave of Lahore.
- His book was nominated for the ‘Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize Award’ in the year 2010.
- Ali then recorded a couple of covers of Reshma’s songs in London with musicians Tsivi Sharett and Natalie Rosario. The covers were then released on YouTube. The cycle kept running between 2009 and 2012.
- He has written a number of columns for New York Times, The New Yorker, The Friday Times, and The Caravan.
- Ali evolved as a singer in the year 2013, when he sang ‘Dil Jallanay Ki Baat,’ for Mira Nair’s political thriller film ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist.
- As a tribute to the renowned Pakistani folk singer, Reshma, he released his first music video ‘Kithay Nain Na Jori’ at Karachi Literature Festival, in February 2015.
- For his 2016 song ‘Aah Ko Chahiye,’ Ali received two nominations, namely ‘Lux Style Award,’ under the category of Best Playback Singer- Male, at 15th Lux Style Awards, and the ‘Ary Film Award’ under the same category.