|Nickname(s)||Sha Shashwat Sachdev - YouTube|
|Profession(s)||Music Composer, Lyricist, Playback Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||As a Music Composer
Film: Phillauri (2017)
As a Singer
Single: Awaara Ho (2022)
Production Album: Euphoria And The Following Realties (2021)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won National Film Award for Best Music Direction at 66th National Film Awards for the film Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019)
• Won R. D. Burman Award at 65th Filmfare Awards for the film Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019)
• Won Best Background Score Award at 21st IIFA Awards for the film Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019)
• Won the title of Best World Music for the song “Dharma” from his album Euphoria And The Following Realties at The Production Music Awards 2021
• Won PRS Foundation Best Newcomer at the Production Music Awards 2021 for his album Euphoria And The Following Realties
|College/University||Symbiosis Law School, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Law (2006-2011). Opinion Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Shruti Sachdev (née Shruti Siag)
|Parents||Father- Sudhir Sachdev (vice chancellor at Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology (MGUMST))
Mother- Mani Sachde (a lecturer at Manipal University, Jaipur)
Sister- Sahiba Tandon (architect)
|Singer(s)||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Mohammad Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Composer(s)||Salil Chowdhury, S. D. Burman, Madan Mohan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shashwat Sachdev
- Shashwat Sachdev is an Indian music composer, lyricist, and playback singer. He is known for composing the music for the Bollywood films Phillauri (2017), Veere Di Wedding (2018), and Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019).
- He was born into a family with a non-musical background in Jaipur, Rajasthan to a father, who was a doctor, and a mother, who was a Philosophy lecturer. However, both his parents were music enthusiasts. In fact, it was her mother who first started teaching him music.
- He began learning music at the age of 4 and received training in Indian Classical Music for 21 years from Guru Ustad Ramzan Khan through guru–shishya tradition. Once, he recalled an incident about his guru in an interview and said,
I remember my guruji refused to teach me any other raag apart from Raag Yaman for 11 years until I perfected it and could sing it without any ornamentation.”
- He began learning to play the Western Classical Piano when he was in Class and trained in it for the next 11 years.
- In 2011, he moved to Hollywood, Los Angeles to work with Grammy Award winner Tony Maserati. The two made acquaintance at an audio engineering workshop in Europe and stayed in touch thereafter. In an interview, while talking about the same Shashwat said,
I first got the opportunity in Hollywood. I attended a small seminar in France for sound designing and sound engineering. The person who was taking the seminar invited me to work with him. So, that’s how it started.”
- In Hollywood, he worked alongside various renowned musical personalities like Marc Shaiman, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, and Mariah Carey.
- He returned to India in 2016, where Rhea Kapoor gave him his first break in her film Veere Di Wedding (2018).
- Later, he secured the opportunity to work on the film Phillauri (2017), which became his debut film as a music composer. He talked about how he secured the opportunity to work in Phillauri in an interview and said,
While I was in LA, I was searching for an agency to handle my work. Then, I met Chaitanya Hegde and Datta Dave, who manage some great writers in the country. They put me in touch with Karnesh sir. He asked me to compose a song.”
- For his composition in Phillauri, he was nominated in the categories of Upcoming Music Composer of The Year for the songs “Bajaake Tumba” and “Sahiba” and Best Song Engineer (Recording & Mixing) for “Naughty Billo” at the 10th Mirchi Music Awards.
- Sachdev won numerous accolades for composing the music and the background score for the action film Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019). “Jagga Jiteya” from the film garnered massive popularity. The background score of Uri was appreciated to such an extent that it was released separately on popular demand.
- In 2018, he worked as a playback singer when he voiced the film Kaalakaandi’s title track, in collaboration with Vivek Hariharan, Romy, and Arun Kamath. Apart from that, he lent his voice to the three songs of Veere Di Wedding (2018), Pappi Le Loon (with Sunidhi Chauhan), Bass Gira De Raja, and Bhangra Ta Sajda (with
- Neha Kakkar and Romy). He also worked as a playback singer for various songs of Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019) and Attack: Part 1 (2022).
- He released the songs Kahaniya (2019), Roko Na (2020), and Maan Ja (2020) along with his co-singer Madhubanti Bagchi.
- He released his first single, Awaara Ho, in 2022 under the label IndieA Records – UMG. The song was written, composed, and sung by Shashwat himself.
- His independent work the songs Sha – Dobara (2021) (with co-singer Shreya Jain), Sha – O Jaana (2021), and Awaara Ho – Dream Pop (2022) (with co-singer Shilpa Rao)