Age: 72 Years
Wife: Sneh Lata Pal
Hometown: Basti, Uttar Pradesh
|Profession(s)||Politician and Advocate|
|Known for||Being the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for only one day|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||• Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) (2014- present)
• India National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• 1982-93: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (two terms)
• 1988-1999: Minister of State, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
• 1993-2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (three terms)
• 2002: Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
• 2009: Elected to the 15th Lok Sabha
• 31 August 2009: Member, Standing Committee on Energy
• 23 September 2009: Member, Committee on Petitions
• 7 October 2009: Member, Committee on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADs)
• August 2010: Member, Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Ministry of Tourism
• 2011-2014" Chairman, Committee on Public Undertakings
• 15 March 2014: Resigned from the 15th Lok Sabha
• May 2014: Re-elected to the 16th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
• 1 September 2014 - 25 May 2019: Member, Committee on Privileges
Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping
• 1 September 2014 - 31 August 2018: Member, Standing Committee on Energy
• 3 December 2014 - 25 May 2019: Member, Business Advisory Committee
• 1 May 2015 - 25 May 2019: Member, Joint Committee on Security in Parliament House Complex
• 11 May 2016 - 25 May 2019: Member, Joint Committee on the Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provision (Amendment) Bill, 2016
• 1 September 2018 - 25 May 2019: Member, Standing Committee on Home Affairs Member, Standing Committee on External Affairs
• May 2019: Re-elected to the 17th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
• 20 June 2019: Member, Business Advisory Committee
• 24 July 2019: Member, Committee on Public Accounts
• 13 September 2019: Chairperson, Standing Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs
• 21 November 2019: Member, General Purposes Committee, Lok Sabha Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
|Date of Birth||21 October 1950 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||72 Years|
|Birthplace||Vill. Rameshwerpuri, Distt. Basti (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Hometown||Basti, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||• Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad
• Lucknow University, Lucknow
• Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualification(s) Lok Sabha||• BA
|Caste||Kshatriya Rajput The Times of India|
|Hobbies||Reading books, Listening to music, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 Jul 1975|
|Wife/Spouse||Sneh Lata Pal|
|Children||Son- Abhishek Pal (politician)
• Pooja Singh Rathore
• Arti Pal
|Parents||Father- Late. Surya Bux Pal
Mother- Late. Mool Raji Devi
|Car Collections||He owns an Ambassador car and a Jeep.|
• Cash: Rs 2,93 lakh
• Deposits in banks: Rs 53.84 lakh
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs 33,86 lakh
• NSS, postal savings: Rs 5,40 lakh
• LIC or other insurance policies: Rs 2,21 lakh
• Jewellery: Rs 2,62 lakh
• Commercial buildings: Rs 61,74 lakh
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 10.33 Crores (as of 2019) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jagdambika Pal
- Jagdambika Pal is an Indian politician who became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for only one day in February 1998.
- He holds the record for the shortest stint as Chief Minister of any state in India.
- He established Surya Bakhsha Pal Girls Inter Collage and Surya Bakhsha Pal Post Graduate Degree Collage in Bankati, Basti, Uttar Pradesh.
- He started his career in politics by joining the Indian National Congress.
- Later, he quit the Indian National Congress to join the All India Indira Congress (Tiwari) of N. D. Tiwari.
- In 1997, he supported Kalyan Singh‘s government after forming the Akhil Bharatiya Loktantrik Congress along with Naresh Agarwal, Rajeev Shukla, Shyam Sunder Sharma, and Bacha Pathak and became minister of transport in the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Later, he again joined the Indian National Congress and became the president of the Uttar Pradesh state unit.
- On 3 July 2011, he opened a Commemorative plaque at Mahua Dabar in Basti, Uttar Pradesh in a tribute to the 5,000 people massacred by the British during the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
- In 2014, he again quit the Indian National Congress, and on 19 March 2014, before the Lok Sabha elections, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of the then Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- He contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election from the Domariyaganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh on a ticket of the BJP and won.
- He was re-elected to the Lok Sabha from Domariyaganj in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.